Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome BlackTwisted!

Armageddon is mentioned by name only once in the bible Revelation 16:16 (twice for Megiddo Zech 12:11; Judg 5:19) but the WT sure like to talk about it a lot.

As Ding mentioned, there is no fear for those who are in Christ Romans 8:1, Romans 8:34

All that matter is being "in Christ". What does that mean?

Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:22 , 2 Corinthians 5:19 , Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 1:13, Philippians 4:7, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 , 2 Timothy 1:9 , 2 Timothy 2:10

You aren't likely to hear about it from the WT, they want you to be in their organisation, not in Christ.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Heaven
    Heaven

@Heaven: dang..for an elder...im surprised? o.o

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am not a JW elder. The elder care I was referring to is "the fulfillment of the special needs and requirements that are unique to senior citizens." - Wikipedia

My Father is getting old now and suffering from dementia. He is a Ministerial Servant with the JWs. I am not a JW but was raised on their material.

The WTS uses fear to control people and to keep them trapped in the Borg. Anyone using fear tactics to get you to do their bidding should be told to shove off.

edited to add: When you think about the JW scenario, any JW who doesn't have family in is actually being told that they are going to live for all eternity on a paradise Earth without their loved ones. I see no hope or joy in that scenario. Sounds more like hell to me.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

@Heaven: i agree, it does sound like B.S i mean, if i can't see my mom in the "paradise" to me, what is the point of living? just for yourself? honestly, i was born at the right time, my mom was abiut to commit suicide. so i am glad that jah saved my moms life through me...now that i realized this...i have nothing against jehovah, i just have things against the watchtower.their "rules", their way of living. i am not ready to give up my ownership of myself...and honestly, i don't think i will, until something triggers or changes my mind, maybe, but hell, i am only 15, so i rather wait to give it up than now. i rather enjoy my childhood while it lasts. though i wasn't allowed to celebrate holidays, my mom made that a house rule, however, at schools and stuff, she letted me partcipate mostly (all except for halloween), i had "worldly" friends. not many Boyfriends, but whatever, i had a normal childhood, and i knew about jehovah, they worldly kids didn't really affect me, sure i felt pressured to date, but that was pretty much it.

i reccomend teens who are studying to be a JW, have fun BEFORE you become a JW, becuase there is no turning back unless you get DF'd. (though i was never a JW, i was raised in that materal.)

but i agree Heaven, WT uses armageddon and stuff to control people,hmm, i wonder, what if they didn't use armageddon or paradise to control JWs? i think they would live a regular life to be honest. >.>

But my mom already prmosied me to jehovah, so i guess there is a chance i might become a JW i guess, as long as it's when i choose it, then i don't care. or when i am not a tenn, idk tbh.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But my mom already prmosied me to jehovah,

She doesn't own you. As much as our JW parents would like to, they can't make promises on our behalf.

WT uses armageddon and stuff to control people

Their primary way of controlling the flock is the doctrine that they were selected by Jesus in 1919 to be God's sole channel of communication.

They are not the only religious group with a doctrine of this type. It is an extraordinary claim, so requires extraordinary proof.

Can you prove it?

If it is true, what should you do?

If it is not true, what should you do?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Scared...? Geez, wouldn't I have to believe in that stuff to be scared?

I'm finished with that. It is possible to heal the fear. The opposite of fear is love.

Doesn't the scripture say, "Perfect love throws fear outside"...?

Love,

ESTEE

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If a "God induced" Armegeddon actually occurs....that means there is a God after all. If you are afraid of Armegeddon, it may mean you believe you are lacking in some way so as to bring his wrath down upon you. If this is the case, find out if this lack is based in anything rational. If it is...then correct it as best you can. There are a lot of truly evil people in the world who should be worrying about armegeddon....not ordinary imperfect people who are doing their best with the hand they were dealt. Ordinary people who's only crime was to have come to the conclusion that they don't understand/believe a certain man made religion who's beliefs make pleasing God seem unatainable.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Holy snap, I can't believe how mind controlled I was nine years ago when I believed in all of this crap.

Sorry if bumping an old topic isn't allowed, as I didn't see it as one of the posting rules.

I'm just in...awe.

Probably not the right place to ask this, but is there an introductory thread?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for the reboot BT. This thread may help some overcome WT induced fear of Armageddon. Where do you stand now in terms of your beliefs?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I certainly do not believe in an armageddon at all. It is all bullshit to control people through fear. If god really wanted a paradise for humans then he is long overdue,he has passed his sellby date(no offence to anyone just my opinion). Mind you this has been the tactic used by most of the cults to control people.This is the base foundation for mind-control in covert operations and training in the higher ups ie some danger that will annihilate /damage beyond belief! Check out the book by brice taylor...thanks for the memory.

Zing

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Armageddon happened long time ago ☺️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit