Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Armageddon is already here. But not for you to worry. It is for THE WICKED. Not for those who have been betrayed and misled.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Jehovah is a PUSSY!!!!!! Kill us already or SHUT THE FU$% UP!!!!!!!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Being honest, the thought of Armageddon does mess with my mind occasionally. Growing up JW, I've been through two different time frames of studying the Revelation book at the book study. I've been in expectation of the event happening as long as I can remember. I'm sort of sick of waiting for it. I feel like if its gonna come, so be it. If not, I dont' want to keep discussing it, especially when those jackasses in Bethel had to revise half the book because they got new light. (translation, it wasn't the truth the first time because they had to change it) I've been researching Revelation lately, mainly focusing on the time frame that produced the writing, and what secular researcher's thoughts are. The secular historists aren't biased. They take information, analyse it, and say, here it is, this is what we think. They don't have an axe to grind. Its hard to love God or Christ when you fear them based on being in expectation of Armageddon. I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that what was written in Revelation had absolutely nothing to do with us now, but everything to do with Rome and Jerusalem.

Fundamentalists, and yes that includes the WT, have an agenda built upon control through fear. They always talk about love, but its bull crap. Alot of the motivating force behind JWs is fear. I'll give you an example that I finally caught today. Debator who is someone I've defended on here occasionally, but after today I've come to view her in a new light. If she truly loves Jehovah and Jesus, she wouldn't be on this forum as she would accept the recomendation from the GB via their literature which is quite explicit in avoiding apostates in person and online. She disregards that, and comes here anyway. The only reason I can think of why she does it, is because she's scared. She doubts the very beliefs she spouts on here. I believe she comes on here to reassure herself much like I did at times while lurking. Debating in itself doesn't bother me, but notice how she goes about it. Through insults, condescending posts, and completely ignoring any points that she can't argue against. We find it peculiar, but her behavior here is what fear causes you to do. Its kind of like owning a pit bull and if you ever owned one, you'll know occasionally they test you. Fear keeps them in check, but it causes them to try you occasionally too. If she wasn't fearful, and had complete confidence in all of the WT doctrines, and its leaders, she wouldn't be here. The fear of Armageddon keeps her within the WT's grasp, but at the same time, the fear of being duped by the WT causes her to post here. Thats how fear operates, it undermines faith, which I'm under the impression she has very little.

Its hard to love God or Christ when you fear them based on being in expectation of Armageddon. I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that what was written in Revelation had absolutely nothing to do with us now, but everything to do with Rome and Jerusalem. I'm still working it all out, but researching it for myself has been like confronting a bully for the first time and seeing him blink. Its good to examine things for yourself and work your faith out instead of relying on the false promises of men who have a history of questionable prophecies. Its good to look fear in the eyes and excuse my language but its good to tell fear, "F$#$ you!"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I used to be when I was a kid, but all of the 'signs' and 'predictions' have now become meaningless and/or passed their use by date.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

MLE love it ......

You saw the Light LOL!

• Satanus
    Satanus

No fear of armageddon,at all. The wt god doesn't exist, iether.

S

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

If Armageddon comes tomorrow and I die, that's okay. If it never comes, I'll die of old age. Either way, I'll just be dead. And if I were to die in it, my fiance and daughter probably would too. I don't want to spend eternity without them. Death is no longer scary to me. I want to live my life, I'm lucky to have it. I think Mark Twain said it best,

I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
  • Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

A Biblical armageddon doesn't scare me one bit. I no longer believe in Judeo-Christian mythology.

What does scare me somewhat is that mankind has developed the technology to create it's own doomsday scenario. Religious nutjobs with weapons of mass destruction scare me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I survived Armegedon back in 75,

Gas went up 25cents a gallon, thats about it.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ya but Physical Graffiti came out and that must of been a sign that it wasn't coming.... why would God let a Great Album come out and then ...the End!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit