Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would actually be more scared of living forever, with that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag running everything, than of dying at Armageddon. No access to anything but other men. Endless stagnation. Never having the opportunity to do anything worthwhile and then take at least partial credit for it. No festivities of any kind, aside those worthless boasting sessions. And, no being able to reinstate technology we know so well (whether in its present form or in a perfect form) without getting killed for doing so (unless Jehovah tells you to do it, you can die for doing it).

• Ding
    Ding

For those who still fear Armageddon, I appreciate your honesty.

I think you need to make up your mind what you really believe about the Bible.

If you've irrevocably thrown the Bible out along with the Watchtower, then why are you worrying about Armageddon?

If you still believe that the Bible may be right, please realize that New Testament salvation is not about coming to a false prophet organization and trying to prove worthy by keeping their rules your entire life (and still fearing you're not good enough).

The point of the NT is that Jesus laid down his life so we could have eternal life as a free gift by confessing our sins and receiving the benefits of his sacrifice by faith instead of constantly working to try to prove ourselves worthy. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Romans 8:1 says that there is now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus: Romans 8:1.

If you believe this, then come to Christ by faith and stop worrying about Armageddon or Hell.

If you want to explore this possibility further, feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to discuss it with you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

lets get one thing straight, everyone here on this very forum will grow old and grey and die.

Darth could have sniffed something out from the OP, a familiar writing style rings through

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Kill us already or SHUT THE FU$% UP!!!!!!!

Absolutely, far and away the very best statement I've ever read on this board

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Are some of you scared?

No fear, here.

I highly recommend reading Steve Hassan's first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'. 'Armageddon' is a WT Boogey Man. (Some other religions have the same teaching.)

Had you been born into any number of other countries, you would have already experienced things far worse than WT's Armageddon.

Release the bonds. Enjoy life.

We can re-visit this thread in ten years and laugh about the fact that Armageddon STILL hasn't happened. Then, we can re-visit it in 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, etc, etc.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Thanks Broken Promises, and your right, i am 15, i have no reason to lie to anyone on this thread.i am also questioning this religion because of it's history, and not to mention their rules just sounds...so...rediculous and unbelievable. I'm sorry, it just sounds too outrageous.

and to everyone else, i'll stop worrying about this armageddon thing.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Darth could have sniffed something out from the OP, a familiar writing style rings through

Could you ELABORATE on that, jookbeard? I'd like to know what you're thinking...

V665

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I worked with Cops Before......

If I am wrong I am sorry................

We busted a guy who thought he was talking to a 13 yr old.

I'm done .... I don't want to be a prick if it's the truth. So I will just go Away.

Sorry if I was wrong.................. you will Never hear from Darth again... BT.

I don't think I am thou

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Vampire; a certain trolling poster last year who appeared in various guises had a writing style like this so called 15 year old .

• Heaven
    Heaven

Black Twisted... I haven't welcomed you yet to JWN as I am not on here a lot lately due to elder care responsibilities. At any rate, Welcome to JWN! To answer your question, no, I am not scared. Everything JWs and the WTS have told me have been lies. Here are just a few:

1) You will never grow old.

2) You will never go to high school.

3) You will never need a career.

4) We can answer all your questions.

5) Armageddon is coming soon -- stay alive 'til '75!

I am 47 years old now. I have heard that Armageddon is 'imminent' my entire life. Now, if I was to say to you "BT, I am coming to your house soon" and 47 years passes and I never show up, would you consider me a liar and that, gee, maybe I'm not coming?

For over 130 years, the Jehovah's Witnesses and their predecessors, the International Bible Students of America, have been 100% WRONG about their "Armageddon Is Coming Soon!" prophecy. Why would anyone want to sign up to an organization with that kind of failure rate?

Glad you are starting to realize some truths. You are in an enviable position at your age. There is a lot of information available on the Internet now. When I was 15, there was no Internet, only my noggin telling me something just didn't add up with this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit