Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

What is more scary is living forever in a WT controlled "paradise."

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

More are scarred than scared, I think. Most of the folks here have left "scared" behind, or they probably wouldn't be on this forum. But there are many old wounds, which leave enduring marks even when the healing is done.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I live in the USA. I am much more worried about the Republican party.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

@Heaven: dang..for an elder...im surprised? o.o

but you do got a good point Heaven, it has been over 130 years and nothing has happened.

and that's what im worried about, the new system seems promising..but..it just sounds too...more like a make-believe story though i am starting to fall for it. idk.

and their rules..they sound too iffy for me. though i talked to one of the sisters and they said i shouldn't be scared, it'sa gift for those who do right....yeah, um, i have a bf who isn't studying to be a JW, so how is THAT suppose to be good news?! we are gonna be separated by death over this religion thing. unless armagedon does come and resurrect him give him a limited time, but then again..idk.

but back to the rules, marrying then have sex,-Ok

but chaperones ALL THE TIME, a big no no, i understand things can happen, but...we all sin at some points in our lives don't we? i think chaperones are needed when your my age until 17, but while your an adult?! WTF?!

also, about marrying outside the religion, that's understandable too, BUT i don't think religion should come in between love. you love the person for them, not for religion.

see what i mean? kinda does make sense but kinda doesn't.

but for some reason..i wanted to go to the meetings today, idk, i flet like i should've gone actually, i would have gone if i wasn't sleepy. -_- idk.

@Blondie: Right back at ya.

@GLtirebiter: I think your right about that fact.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Scared? Not in the least. Bring on those bible thumpin prognosticators of devil inspired doom and righteous elitism. Whatever lol.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

BlackTwisted: They USE fear to control you. That fear you feel isn't an accident that happened. It's something that is intentionally being used by the Watchtower to keep you in line.

Fear has NO part in Gods love for us. Notice what 1 John 4:18 says: "There is no fear in love. But perfect love DRIVES OUT FEAR, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

You CANNOT believe the Watchtower's interpretation of Armageddon. They would have you believe that we can expect this to happen:

And they say that they don't believe in Hell because it would be unloving?!? This is sick stuff.

Here is a talk by Ciro Alucino, a representative of the Watchtower. Here is his disgusting take on Armageddon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwA9KX5WJTM

This is NOT what the love of God is. If you believe God is like this, then you believe God is a monster. And THIS is why many (including some on this board) think God is a monster and decide not to believe in him anymore. I think this is one of the worst effects of what the Watchtower society has done to people. They've driven them away from God.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[big, heavy sigh....]

The only "Armageddon" that might be around the corner - and the only one that really scares me - is the possibility of a MAJOR eruption at Yellowstone....

That is more likely - and less preventable, in theory - than an asteroid strike...

That's the only thing that scares me, because geologic evidence shows that it has happened in the past... And will happen again...

Zid

• Jewel
    Jewel

****kinda does make sense but kinda doesn't*****

No it makes absolutely NO sense. It really, really doesn't.

Jewel

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Ciro is a whack job...... Who wants to be in a Paradise with a nut job like him?

• TD
    TD

LOL at BrotherDan's picture.... John Lithgow and Will Smith both dead in the same spot.

Seriously, I don't think Witnesses have ever been as firmly convinced that Armageddon was upon them than they were during the Cuban Missle Crises. That was almost 50 years ago now. Most of those who were adults at the time have passed on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit