Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's noticable that intelligent people are able to change their views when presented with evidence....or lack thereof.

I certainly changed from Jobo to mainstream Christian to Occultist to hard atheist.

I consider my past beliefs as moronic.............how could I have been such a dolt?

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

@Vanderhoven7

Right now, I don't know what to believe, since I just woke up officially last year. All I know is that the jw beliefs ain't it or true.

So I suppose Im technically agnostic. Although I'd like to believe there is a higher power out there in the universe.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I'm afraid of my face or comment giving away my skepticism.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Isnt bumping a disfellowsipping offence?

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

@stan livedeath

Not if you're unbaptized to begin with lol. 😆

• Saxon
    Saxon

For a couple of years after I stopped going to meetings, thunderstorms used to make me a bit nervous, silly I know...

These days, I'm more nervous about Trump, Boris Johnson and Kim Jong having easy access to that big red button in their office 😬

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Dear Black Twisted, Hope you are well and enjoying life post Armageddon. Your post, 9 years ago, seems rather premature, don't you think?. Hope your eyes are opened. Regards. (Near, too near...) Expectation postponed makes the heart sick.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nope. I am concerned about terrorism though.

I think that is the only "armageddon" mankind has to worry about -- a terrorist or "rogue nation" with nuclear capability or armageddon brought on by germ or chemical warfare.

Those "weapons" are out there. They will probably be used at some time in history. It will probably mean "armageddon" for some of the victims.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I never worried for myself about Armageddon when I was an active, believing JW. I believed that Big J was a god of justice, and if he judged that I was not worthy of Paradise, that would be fair and Just. So, I had no fear of Armageddon.

As soon as I completed my study of the 1914 Doctrine, it took a few minutes, I realised that Armageddon could well be a nonsense, and certainly no human would know when it was likely to strike. I then researched the Book of Revelation.

I soon discovered that it was a Political Tract of its time, not inspired, and not pointing forward to any time much further than the writer could foresee, although, as part of his Apocalyptic style of writing goes, as part of the genre, he appears to "prophecy" such an event. But then so did a lot of such writings, most of which did not make it in to the Bible Canon.

Any thought of the reality of Armageddon was gone for me.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted
    @westiebilly11 Agreed. Although it can't be premature if it will never happen.

But to answer the question without giving a long explanation: I'm wide awake...from that cult. I'm just happy I never actually went through the process of getting baptized and my mother (RIP) didn't force me to do anything and let myself be my own individual. Otherwise, it would have had way more of a negative effect on me - Than it already has mentally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit