Some christmas spirit, WT style!

by bohm 86 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Jesus never went to building called a Kingdom Hall so I don't.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I quit:

Jesus never went to building called a Kingdom Hall so I don't.

My reply: Jesus went to synagogues. JWs better not- or they will be Dfed.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Abraham threw a celebration when Isacc was weaned, typiclaly done on the child B.day, YHWH has no isues with that.

Fact is, unless some even happened on a B.Day there would be no mention of B.Days in the bible, if Jesus hadn't transformed water into wine during teh wedding, there would have been NO mention of that wedding either.

I have raised the question of B.days with Jews, orthodox rabbis as a matter of fact and NONE of them had any issues with it and reminded me the B.Days are important, eample being the Barmitzvah ( 13th B.day).

When I asked why B.day were notmentioned in the OT the answer was liek I said above, unless an event was tied to that day, there would have been no reason to record it, or they would have had to record EVERY B.day.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Debator/Reniaa:

Finally, a verse we can agree upon:

Acts 20:28-30 (New International Version) 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. [a] Be shepherds of the church of God, [b] which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

Why? Because this verse describes the leaders of the WatchTower to a "T". Think about this, Christendom even though divided on some doctrines, has largely been one big melting pot of Christianity. Then, POW!!!! Mormons, Millerite Movement, Second Adventist Movement, 7th Day Adventists, and good 'Ol CT Russell come along. CT takes the Millerite/Barbour stuff and runs with it, and then throws in a helping of occult pyramidology just to mix it up a little bit, then BAM!!! What do we have? Bible Students!! Then, ol Judge Rutherford steals the show and pushes his own agendas well....followed up by Knorr and then good ol' Freddy Franz (AKA The Oracle). Today's Governing Body is much the same, not giving a shit about the flock, just beating them down until morale improves. Oh my yes....what FINE Shephards of Biblical Prophecy and TRUTH they all have been!!!!!!

Do tell us, can you name even ONE "prophecy" that these con-men have said in the past that has come TRUE, just ONE????? I'll get ya started......1874, 1879, 1899, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, This Generation, etc, etc, etc.

How old are you I wonder?? I am 31, and I can tell you that growing up in the 1980's I was PROMISED, gaurunteed that I would NOT grow old and die in "this wicked system of things" and that "The Generation of 1914 surely will not die until The End comes....." Not only was this started as absolute TRUTH, but it was used as PROOF of the imminent time of The End that we were living in at the DOORS back in the 1980's, early 1990's.

Being lied to over and over again from the platform, in the magazines, by my parents, by CO's, DO's, Governing Body for the first half of my life has taught me that eating from such a spiritually rotten banquet of SHIT does NOT taste good, no matter how much they claim it does!!!

My question to you is, do you enjoy partaking of such spiritual fecal matter over and over again??? Does it taste goooooood?? See, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't.

Why are you hear again? Your OverLords have forbidden this. You should turn yourself into your local Elder Body post-haste.

- Wing Commander

• debator
    debator

Hi ding

Celebrating an actual Birth event is normal to all societies but translating this to an annual celebration on a different date (four inspired gospels fail to mention the real date). Picking a pagan feastday, keeping all it's practices and trying to put a Christian label on it simply doesn't work.

If it did we wouldn't have the majority of people today knowing Christmas is more about the fictional bearded Santa and german evergreen trees than Jesus. Knowing halloween is more about ghosts and ghouls rather than dead Saints, knowing Easter (from the goddessEostre ) is more about rabbits and chocolate eggs rather than Jesus's death.

We will not whitewash pagan celebrations that early Christians (including Jesus) did not celebrate because they did not mistake leniency over Jewish festivals for jews turned Christians as a licence to take on pagan practices and feastdays. When Gentiles became Christians they got rid of their pagan ways and rejected the gods they used to worship and celebrate.

Acts 19:24-27

24 A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in no little business for the craftsmen. 25 He called them together, along with the workmen in related trades, and said: "Men, you know we receive a good income from this business. 26 And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all. 27There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited, and the goddess herself, who is worshiped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Picking a pagan feastday, keeping all it's practices and trying to put a Christian label on it simply doesn't work.

Goodbye to holidays, wedding days, anniversarries and yes, even Baptisims for they ALL have their origins in Pagan religions, rituals and festdays.

Good luck with that and before you go, don't forget to pick the LOG out of YOUR eye before you go picking the speck out of someone elses.

• booby
    booby

debator - you made a comment about Jesus being aware of some bad things happening at birthday celebrations. He was at a wedding celebration even adding to the wine supply. Can you just imagine what took place at and during some of these celebrations.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

the pagan WT god has not banned its members from the use of calendars DD. But that can change at any time, with or without notice.

Yea like 1935.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/124901/1/The-Calendar-of-Jehovah-God-WT-jettisons-Gregorian-calendar

Debator

I use pagan built Roman Roads too there is lot of difference between stuff set up by the governments around aka roads and calenders (caesars things) that we have to use and having freedom to choose what we recognise and celebrate.

That's not what the Org. said.

I think you should come out from among the world.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Debator:

why the need for the letters after the Gospels?

HEADS UP: ALL of Paul's letters, including those whose authorship is disputed (about 6 or so out of 13 if I remember correctly) were written BEFORE the Gospels - check it out - perhaps this will be what allows the light to shine in - there is a reason the Catholic Church put the letters after the Gospels but it was not because they were written after the Gospels. Please start broadening your horizons and reading secular history - start researching the BIBLE itself.

Sorry, I have not had a chance to read the posts since your last post; apologies if this has already been mentioned...

http://catholic-resources.org/Bible/Paul-Disputed.htm

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The fact that the bible shows that there were different beliefs about things that were NOT talked about by Jesus directly, just goes to show that the apostles had independant will and understanding.

Peter mentions that Paul is hard to understrand, Paul reams into Peter for by hypocritical in his treating of the gentiles, John has a unique view of Jesus compared to Matthew, James had issues with Paul's message, Jude liked to quote from the Apocryphia, etc, etc.

There was nothing worng with that then and nothing wrong with that NOW.

As long as the CORE message of the Gospel and NEW convenat is still the core of thsoe beliefs:

Jesus is the son of God, he died for Us and was ressurected and is at the side of God, He is Our Lord and Saviour, and it is through Jesus that we get the Gift of Grace from Our Father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit