Some christmas spirit, WT style!

by bohm 86 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Every time a Bell rings, a morbidly obese JW out in field service breaks wind....."

LOL!!!

- Wing Commander

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

well this probably morbidly obese Reniaa doesn't ring bells, as a real JW would not be on this site

• xchange
    xchange

Hi xchange

false analogy

Xbox's weren't around then Birthdays were. Jesus knew his cousin was beheaded and murdered at a pagan birthday celebration. Jesus saw these celebrations and felt no need to do them, why would anyone do differently?

Hello Debator:

You said: "Jesus saw these celebrations". How do you know?

You said: "why would anyone do differently?" Jesus didn't drink gin and tonic, why should anyone do differently?

The point was, you don't know everything that Jesus did. Simple.

Did Jesus wash his hands after his bowel movements? Did Jesus pick his nose? Did Jesus even say or do the things that are reported in the Bible?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

OMG - that picture is actually in the Awake? Lopsided like that? Looks like the photographer might have been drunk already.

Also, is it my imagination or do the three folks on the right side look like they're taking a whiff of their armpits?

Really, they are shooting themselves in the foot printing pictures like that. Very poor judgment being exhibited by the supposedly 'faithful and discreet slave'. Just my 2c.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jesus didn't celebrate Birthdays so I don't!

It makes baby Jesus cry when people don't celebrate his birth...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus didn't celebrate Birthdays so I don't!

Well, Jesus celebrated the Festival of Dedication, a festival NOT in the OT by the way, do you?

Jesus was circumzised...Jesus fasted for 40 days...and of couse, Jesus told his followers to "eat of his flash and drink of his blood", do you?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, I'm with the above poster on the photographic quality of this photo. (back to the Christmas article and related photo).

I'm a decent amateur photographer, and I can tell you that this is some really shitty photography right there, and it's not even all in the angled "cockeyed perspective" in which the photographer took the photo. No, I think the best proof of this photographer's lack of training and inexperience comes not from the orientation necessarily, (as those style of photos are kind of "in" right now) no it comes from the fact that they know NOTHING of correct lighting. Look at the jolly drunk woman closest.....now, see her shadow directly behind her? Also, check out the horny, evil goat-tee guy - he's so overlit that he's practically whited out!! Bwaaahahahahaha!!

Hey WatchTower Art Department, ever hear of "light diffusion"???? Her shadow as well as the other shadows, the over-lighting on the evil go-tee guy, composition, grainy appearance (wrong ISO dumbasses!!) I caught at first glance make you look like cartoonish buffoons at best. If you're gonna print the largest circulated magazine on the planet, you could at least have photographers as good as the ones in National Geographic, right?

If you'd have the correct lighting, properly diffused; you wouldn't need that large flash and wrong ISO setting, and thereby have a nice clean photo free of those pesky Demon shadows and grainy appearance.

I think I've shown this to be a case where furthering your education beyond high school is a GOOD THING.

- Wing Commander

• debator
    debator

It is a matter of Public historical record that devout Jews didn't celebrate Birthdays and that early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays either. That is why there is no mention of them in the bible other than as reference to pagan celebrations by pagans or those influenced by pagans.

As psacra points out what Jesus did is a matter of public record in four Gospels and includes his participation in certain Jewish festivals but never Birthdays.

It wasn't till the third century under Roman pagan influence that Christians started celebrating birthdays.

Pretending that this is not the case is just running against biblical and historically known facts. If you wish to deny these known facts then you are only deluding yourselves.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

It is a matter of Public historical record that devout Jews didn't celebrate Birthdays and that early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays either. That is why there is no mention of them in the bible other than as reference to pagan celebrations by pagans or those influenced by pagans.

My Reply: It is not a historical fact that Jesus, or early Christians thought they were wrong. The Bible is silent on whether they are right or wrong...Paul detailing individual freedom and their use of their own conscience on these things.

Reniaa said:

It wasn't till the third century under Roman pagan influence that Christians started celebrating birthdays.

My reply: Irrelevant to the issue...Paul made clear that is not an issue

Reniaa said:

Pretending that this is not the case is just running against biblical and historical known facts. If you wish to deny these known facts then you are only deluding yourselves.

My reply: There are no historical or Biblical facts to support the assertions of your pagan god Reniaa.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Debator:

Someone above brought up that Jesus celebrated and observed the Festival of Dedication, which wasn't even a Jewish festival, so how in hell can JW's out right forbid everything?

1.) Show me these proven facts of which you speak, and I'm not talking about the ones that are printed in some obscure Awake! magazine, I want you to show us concrete evidence, not merely you or the Governing Body's "opinion."

2.) I'm going to AGAIN direct you to the end-all, be-all of this discussion, THE BIBLE, and Colossians 2:16 says, "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by food, drink, a religious festival, New Moon celebration or Sabbath day." Basically, with this ONE scripture we are given Christian Freedom to use our conscience as we see fit, and NOT to have it regulated and judged by another man or group of men - so F*CK your Governing Body OverLords, I don't bow down to their every command!!!

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit