Some christmas spirit, WT style!

by bohm 86 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

True analogy:

Wedding were, there is no record of Jesus observing a wedding anniversary.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

True analogy- Jesus did not own a pet

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Debator:

Show me IN THE BIBLE, where Jesus did not attend a Birthday??

By your logic, if I:

1.) Was told that my cousin was killed at a wedding by a jealous relative who wanted to marry the bride instead of my cousin, then I:

2.) Should not attend a wedding celebration, which you would now equate with being bad? Correct???

But you see, something bad happening AT a certain celebration does not automatically equate the celebration and all future celebrations as being bad or evil, merely that particular occasion on which the event took place. This is the case of the birthday celebration.

You really don't see the "Bait and Switch" that is being used on you, do you???? Wake the fuck up already!

- Wing Commander

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:Jesus knew his cousin was beheaded and murdered at a pagan birthday celebration. Jesus saw these celebrations and felt no need to do them, why would anyone do differently?

My reply: You inserted the word pagan to birthday celebration, with no basis- just like much of what you say. Jesus knew his cousin's murder was related to a b-day...yet made no statement about b-days either way. The last two sentences of what you say are empty and meaningless assertions.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or said in a simple way for your little mind Reniaa, Jesus not seeing a need does not make something wrong...just as America sees no need to celebrate Boxing Day, but they do not consider it immoral.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Isaac Austin:

EXACTLY. If Jesus knew his cousin was beheaded at a B-day celebration, you'd think he would have very openly condemned such events immediately upon hearing of it.

"I decree all B-day celebrations to be forbidden from this day forward!!!!"

Actually, by forbidding B-day celebrations, doesn't that bring undue praise and credit to the King who ordered the beheading all of those years ago? Sure seems like it!!!!

- Wing Commander

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

NO ONE celebrates Saturnalia, the only ones that even bring it up are the JW's, LOL !
    This is Christmas:

Samuel Johnson
    The Church does not superstitiously observe days, merely as days, but as memorials of important facts. Christmas might be kept as well upon one day of the year as another; but there should be a stated day for commemorating the birth of our Saviour, because there is danger that what may be done on any day, will be neglected.

Luke 2:9-14
    And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth

George W. Truett
    Christ was born in the first century, yet he belongs to all centuries. He was born a Jew, yet He belongs to all races. He was born in Bethlehem, yet He belongs to all countries.

Martin Luther
    Good news from heaven the angels bring,
    Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
    To us this day a child is given,
    To crown us with the joy of heaven.

Christina Rossetti
    Love came down at Christmas;
    Love all lovely, love divine;
    Love was born at Christmas,
    Stars and angels gave the sign.

Christina Rosetti
    Christmas hath a darkness;
    Brighter than the blazing noon;
    Christmas hath a chillness
    Warmer than the heat of June,
    Christmas hath a beauty
    Lovelier than the world can show:
    For Christmas bringeth Jesus,
    Brought for us so low.

THis is Christmas, family yes, but ALL of US as family, Just like in Mattew 25:

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'd tell Debator/Reniaa to stop displaying their ignorace publiclly, but I'm having too much fun reading all of the replies showing up how absolutely absurd and scriptually retarded they are! Hahahahahahaha!!!

It's like watching a kitten play with a ball of string!!!

- Wing Commander

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

How come literal Israel was only released from Babylonish captivity after they gave up their idolatrous practices...yet the WT leaders were let out of Babylonish captivity and appointed steward of God's earthly affairs while still practicing the same 'idlatrous practices' that got them sent away?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

WC, it is entertainment value!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit