Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    but do remember that those who belong to Christ are those who serve others in love and truth;

So men and women "of Christ" deserve special treatment.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

So men and women "of Christ" deserve special treatment.

Sorry, Sab... I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I believe the nations are those 3/4 of whom you were most concerned in your opening post.

See, this is why I asked you not to use Revalation to answer my question...

I specifically asked for proof that Jesus was not condemning all non-christians when he spoke to his disciples in John 14:6.

So far I have heard that if you are nice to Christians you'll be ok, and a vague answer about "nations" in The Apocalypse of John which is an interpretation of a figurative vision.

Correct?

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

Christ's followers are called slaves - ever knew a slave who received special treatment?

Having said that, I've got to sign off.

My g'son has shown extraordinary patience in allowing me to stay on this long.

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious

People of Christ:

tec: there is NO judgment for those who belong to him... & ...those who belong to Christ are those who serve others in love and truth

People not of Christ:

tec: And the second for those people who are judged according to their deeds.

So people of Christ get no judgement because they accepted Christ and served others in his name, therefore getting a special title (firstfruits) and are treated differently.

Correct?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My g'son has shown extraordinary patience in allowing me to stay on this long.

Thank you Syl for your contribution to this thread. Have a good night and tossel your grand son's hair for me!

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The "Christ" is an energy, just like God is an energy, which Jesus incarnated completely. He was a FULLY awakened individual and experienced total ONENESS with the Father. So he was referring to himself as the "CHRIST" because up until right now NO ONE has incarnated this energy and awakened to such a level. Not even Buddha.

Einstein said we use two percent or our brain...this goes hand in hand with the Gnostics and New Agers who say we are 97 percent asleep. "Christ" is not a physical man, it means "Anointed One" so Jesus was not talking about "himself", as he is not the only Christ! Even the scriptures say that there are 144,000 Christs, and even the Watchtower speaks in such terms of the "Anointed" among them. If it is presented in the scriptures in such a way where it is dogmatically referring to Jesus the man, the we have to keep in mind that this Bible as we have it came out of Nicea, where it was carefully fabricated to deceive the world over the course of 18 months. This is not the word of God! They had an ecumenical religion to force upon the world that would empower them to dominate it. As THEIR story goes, Jesus was not only the CHRIST but he was GOD TOO!!

I think the truth is pretty obvious folks, but hey that's just me and my crazy intuition.

~PS

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

This is not an occult science. This is not one of those crazy systems of divination and astrology. That stuff's hooey, and you've got to have a screw loose to go in for that sort of thing. Our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand. Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration. You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store.

• tec
    tec

So people of Christ get no judgement because they accepted Christ and served others in his name, therefore getting a special title (firstfruits) and are treated differently. - Sab

Perhaps. But its the treated differently that is bothering me. Also, it would seem by this sentence that they earned their place by works... but I don't believe that to be the case. Their faith in Christ gave them life, in Christ. This came first. Their works are a natural result of the faith and love they have for Christ. I think the works (serving others in love) and the 'life' (therefore no fear of judgment or second death), come as both a gift and a natural result of their faith and love in Christ.

I don't think those who come later are treated as less. I think they just come later, and then are accepted into the fold to be one with the others already there.

(I'm still thinking on this a bit, so please bear with me)

Tammy

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think it's now or never

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit