Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I was walking around town and a guy on a bike comes up to and shoves a cardboard bum sign in my face with "Jesus is the ONLY way" written in classy sharpy marker.

Check out this scripture:

John 14: 6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

According to this scripture the guy's sharpy message was correct.

Do you believe this message?

If so, do you understand the condemnation this belief puts on 3 quarters of the world?

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    do you understand the condemnation

B Question: What exactly happens to those who don't find Jesus?

• Mad Sweeney
  • LV101
    LV101

Assuming one does believe this scripture (I do believe this scripture) --- what does it really mean, "except through me." Are we to view Jesus as our LORD and not pray to God (but to Jesus) or just have the privilege NOW because of Jesus' or on the merits of him --- I'm so confused. Have read on here that the mainstream churches worship JESUS, (or do they consider Jesus as God in the flesh which I don't understand at this point) and I still believe that Jesus and God are TWO SEPARATE INDIVIDUALS. Religions have certainly caused much confusion.

Appreciate viewpoints or scriptures.

NV1

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Mad Sweeney, I always confuse you with theMadJW, just in name tho :)

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

The only way to what, where, or Whom?

Jesus says it's a Whom.

"No one comes to the FATHER, except through Me."

Yes, if you want the Father, gotta go through the Son.

If so, do you understand the condemnation this belief puts on 3 quarters of the world?

No condemnation, Bro.

Christians have access to the Father now; the others, later.

So simple, isn't it?

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious

LV101, this scripture is not really up to a whole lot of interpretation.

It means that without accepting Jesus (in some way) your path to God is fraudulent.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Christians have access to the Father now; the others, later.

Who are the 'others', and what do you mean by 'later'?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, if you want the Father, gotta go through the Son.

So if you want to "goto the Father" (which meansto: have God in your life and benefit from his power), you gotta "go through the son" (which means accept Jesus into your life in some fassion).

Which means....

The Path to God is only accesible to humans who have accepted Jesus into their lifes in some fassion.

Which means...

That every religious culture that doesn't obserb Jesus is condemned from the Path to God.

Simple?

-Sab

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Exactly what Snowbird said. Jesus is the Way, but not all of us find it here in this life.

This does not mean that we are automatically condemned.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit