Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Ghandi had Christ, even if he wasn't a christian and never made the proclamation of faith in Christ.

Ghandi was a pagan. What he possessed was decency and kindness.

Stamping the Christian brand on everything that appeals, is a cunning marketing move but fools no one. The Christ of the bible, is also credited with many threatening and vengeful plans for those that don't obey him.

Ghandi deserves to take the credit for his disposition or attribute it to his own religious faith. Trying to claim all that is good to be of Christ, regardless of who showed those good qualities looks a lot like plagiarism.

Next, the honorable actions of atheists will be stamped with the Christian brand. It is dishonest and does nothing to enhance the battered image of Christianity.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Ghandi was a pagan.

Ghandi had love, a great love for all, that means far more to me than anything else.

I apreciate your feelings, if not your tone towards me as of late.

I am sorry that we con't seem to get along in our differences, I respect your views, I ask only that you respect mine.

Be as critical as you woudl like of course, that is your way and I respect that, but please try to understand that it doesn't really compel me to reply to you when you "speak" like that. Sorry.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, I don't, not in the sense that fundamentalists do. I believe God will save everyone because they are his children. If Jesus is the person he uses to undo all we see in this life, that is bad, then Jesus would be the way God saves each and everyone of his children. The angels are his children, too. Look into Universalism, particularly Christian Universalism. I believed in it from the time I was a toddler. No one taught me this, I just knew. I don't think innocent children are wrong when they interpret God as pure love, patience and perfect hope for all intelligent beings.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

I have avoided confrontation with you for many weeks but you continue to gush illogical and contradictory nonsense. You make up most of your beliefs as you go along.

What you don't like is being faced with comments that burst the bubble you have placed yourself in. Yes I do consider your continued proclamations dishonest and duplicitous.

I am tired of listening to you expressing how you feel about anything and everything that comes into your head and claiming that it all comes from Christ. You can't even agree with other Christians on the board!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Understood Gladiator.

Good luck to you, always.

You have decided to judge me based on what YOU THINK I should believe AND WHAT I should base those beleifs on, even though I have never said that my beliefs are anything BUT MINE ALONE.

I have never pushed any agenda or any view other than, "find your own path".

But that seemed to rub you the wrong way, so be it.

Again, all the best to you and I am sorry for the lack of harmony in your life that my posts may have caused.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    You have decided to judge me based on what YOU THINK I should believe AND WHAT I should base those beleifs on, even though I have never said that my beliefs are anything BUT MINE ALONE.

Pardon me! I had mistakenly gained the impression that you were a Christian.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Pardon me! I had mistakenly gained the impression that you were a Christian.

I am, though I don't think I am YOUR type of Christian.

Again, all the best to you.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

This is the sort of dishonesty that I am referring to.

You talk endlessly about Christ and stamp the Christian brand on anything that you perceive as good or decent.

You explain Christ in the minutest detail and claim a personal relationship with him. A relationship so intimate that it makes the Bible unnecessary, while continuously quoting from the Bible to support your views.

Then you make the above statement. It's more amusing that annoying.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Anyone else getting a profound sense of deja vu?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to you and that's fine, really, that is YOUR view, I have heard otherwise from others.

You said that you mistook me for a christian, and I said I am, well:

–adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith. 2. of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country. 3. of or pertaining to Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades. 4. exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ; Christlike: She displayed true Christian charity. 5. decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial. 6. human; not brutal; humane: Such behavior isn't Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit