Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

So let me get your point straight tec:

There are two ways to be "of Christ."

1. Accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour.

2. Helping or acting kindly to one of Christ's Disciples.

yes?

-Sab

I'm not going to limit Him like that. I'm only saying that I think this means these people belong to him.

And what about those who follow the love and mercy and forgiveness that he taught without ever having heard of him or being allowed to hear of him? Maybe they belong to him too - as shown by their deeds. Or maybe He will write their names in the book of life - after those who belong to him, who go through him to the father, are resurrected to be with him in spirit.

Revelations does speak of two resurrections. One for those who belong to Him... (the firstfruits) who have no fear of judgment. And the second for those people who are judged according to their deeds. (in whatever, and however manner, this is)

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Revelations does speak of two resurrections. One for those who belong to Him... (the firstfruits) who have no fear of judgment. And the second for those people who are judged according to their deeds. (in whatever, and however manner, this is)

Why not just judge everyone according to their deeds?

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Putting God first is what gives life to destructive behaviours.

Depending on the God you follow, then I agree with this. But I understand what you're saying about God and family, yes. I think you understand what I'm saying, too... we're just looking at it (on the surface )from a bit different angles.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Aww ... no need to complicate things, Sabby.

Throughout the Book, depending upon translation, Christ's followers are referred to as saints, servants, or slaves, never as nations.

Soooo, nations are ???

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious

Your not going to tell me that "nations" ARE the nations of our world right?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Cause then you would be committing a Witness like foul. Picking and chosing what is and isn't figurative in The Apocalypse of John.

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Why not just judge everyone according to their needs?

Those who belong to Him are held to a different set of standards.

Read Luke chapter 12 verrrrry carefully.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Why not just judge everyone according to their deeds?

I think because there is NO judgment for those who belong to him, who believe in him and call on him, because they have crossed over from death to life. Christ is the resurrection and the life - and there is no second death or death at all, for those who are alive in spirit.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Throughout the Book, depending upon translation, Christ's followers are referred to as saints, servants, or slaves, never as nations.

Soooo, nations are ???

The nation of Israel was often a follower of god and, since christ is the reflection of god, of christ too. Since Israel was a nation, were they not a follower or christ? or was christ not a reflection of god? Or does "nations" mean "Jews"?

• sabastious
    sabastious

The "nations" could be referring to the Christians in world history because, when it's all said and done, Christians will be from every way of life and from every culture.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit