Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Tammy, I know enough to know that I don't know everything, LOL !

All we have are our opinions, when we state somethign we are stating what we think/know/believe, it is almost immposiible to distingiush them, though we should try.

I am guily of that, sure, as are we all.

I try my best to convey what I believe and when I read another person, I understand that what they are writing ins wnat they believe and I respect that.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't preach at all ...

I beg to differ.

Synonyms for preach: herald, proclaim, announce, expound, etc.

You herald your faith in Christ, proclaim that He is Lord, announce the fact that you disagree with the OT's portrayal of God, expound upon the interpretations of certain Bible passages.

Brother, that's some mighty fine preachin' to me!

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LOL, ok, yes, you are right, I am sorry, in THAT regardm, yes I do preach.

Sorry, when I think preaching I think "bible thumping" and "my way or the highway" routines, my bad.

I guess we all do preach in one way or another, I just hope I don't come off as "preachy" though, I wouldn't want that.

And I don't disagree with the OT portrayal of God, just the parts that make him SEEM less than God is, that's all, so perhaps what I mean is that I disagree with how the OT writers interpretation of God is made at times.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Why do people like me become defensive at times?

We do not have a faith in Jesus or any other invisible creature. Yet we strive to maintain a faith in life and belief in people. We wake up each day and hope that we will have the courage to bravely face another day, surviving in this mad world, while still finding the time to be kind to those we meet.

We do not do this to please Jesus or gain a reward. We do it because we are decent people. Jesus can get his brownie points elsewhere. We have no saviour to lean on. No Holy spirit to give us strength. No hope of living forever. We know only one thing; that we will die.

It takes faith to live like that and I defend that faith.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We do the same, Glad.

Yet, there is a part of us that reaches out to the One who stated, "I came to serve and give my Life on behalf of you."

Does that make us your enemies?

Syl

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I don't recall anyone except Jesus making such a statement.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Gladiator,

Don't feel that because I find Chirst in all things that are good, like YOU, Yes I find Christ in you, that I some how am deaming what you believe, far from that.

In many ways I hold those that are good, like you, and are good because they:

"strive to maintain a faith in life and belief in people. We wake up each day and hope that we will have the courage to bravely face another day, surviving in this mad world, while still finding the time to be kind to those we meet"

in a far higher regards than I do most religious people who tend to do good because of some hope for recompense.

When I say that I see Christ in those that are not christian I am saying that this is what I see in them: Love for love's sake.

It is the highest compliment a christian can make, like a buddhist saying the see the Buddha in someone.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't recall anyone except Jesus making such a statement.

??????? Syl

• tec
    tec

It is the highest compliment a christian can make, like a buddhist saying the see the Buddha in someone.

Well said.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Syl

Luke 11:23 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

Jesus said, "I come not to send peace on the earth but a sword. I came to divide." Matthew 10:34, Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit