Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Wait wait, vs 42 is talking about people who act kindly to people of Christ. Correct?

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Wait wait, vs 42 is saying people who act kindly to people of Christ. Correct?

-Sab

Yes, that's what I think.

• sabastious
    sabastious

And as a side note, vs 37 pissed me off... lol

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Family first, that's what I believe God put in my heart!

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well, Mr. Sab, aren't you picky!

Revelation 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. NIV

Question for you, what do you have against Revelation, and who are the nations mentioned here?

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious

So let me get your point straight tec:

There are two ways to be "of Christ."

1. Accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour.

2. Helping or acting kindly to one of Christ's Disciples.

yes?

-Sab

• tec
    tec

God first. But see, the thing is that if we put God first, then we follow his command, and his great command is that we love one another. But lets say our father/mother/brother/sister followed an evil or hurtful regime (such as the holocaust perhaps), maybe just out of fear or ignorance. As much as we might love our father, if we put Christ first (and so, God) WE won't follow in that path.

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Question for you, what do you have against Revelation, and who are the nations mentioned here?

The Apocalypse of John is a book that has been used widely as a tool of control and fear-mongering long before you or I came into this world. It is not easily understood (and I suspect that was purposeful) and, in my experience, is a "go to book" for Bible Congruence arguments since it's imagery is so broad that it can used to tie up any argument one wants.

Let me look at that scripture to answer the next question.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Tec, you took my family first statement too literally.

If my family becomes dangerous they go by the wayside. Putting God first is what gives life to destructive behaviours.

Let me rephrase:

God and Family are equal because God is love and I love my family.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    who are the nations mentioned here?

The identity of the "nations" are relative to what it's surrounding scriptual context is.

Before I can figure out what the "nations" are I first need to figure out:

1. Why God and a Lamb are a temple

2. What the "moon and the sun" are

3. What the "glory of God" is referring to

4. What the Lamb's lamp is

5. Who are the "kings of the earth"

If I can answer those questions, then I can tackle who the "nations" are.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit