Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Anyone else getting a profound sense of deja vu?

You mean a OTWO VS AGuest moment?

LOL !

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Respect for a person's beliefs are a two way thing. I respect the beliefs of Christians like Tammy(Tec). Christians like Psacremento & AGuest do not seek just to share their views and feeling but seek to dominate discussion, using fabrication and duplicity.

They do no harm to me as I am not trying to win people over to Christianity. But if I were a Christian on this forum, I would pray to God that they stopped spewing out such contradictory drivel in the name of Christianity. It make other Christians look less credible than they otherwise would.

You see Psacremento, you are not on your own path but have chosen to walk a path with other Christians. They may actually care what you say in the name of Christ on this forum.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Indeed, truth is truth, regardless of age, ethinc upbrining and religion.

But in a thread about Christ, don't hold it against me to use Him as an example.

Of course not, my friend!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I got no dog in this fight :)

• tec
    tec

Mmm, perhaps, but I think I understand the source of Gladiator's annoyance, and I think something else aggravated that annoyance... however, that is me trying to psychoanalyze everyone, and I am sooooo not qualified to do so.

I'll add some of what I think, though, about the stamping everyone with Christ...

Since my faith is in Christ, then I do believe that the people showing the fruits of the spirit regardless of religion are those who 'have the law(love of God and Christ) written on their hearts and consciousness.' They are not hard-hearted, as so many Christians in need of mercy are, and so they are naturally open to those things such as kindness, mercy, forgiveness, love, humility, etc.

My believing doesn't make anything true or false - neither does anyone else's disbelief - but we cannot claim to believe something with one hand, and then deny it with the other hand. What we can do (as Christians) is to live by the love that Christ taught and inspired, without denying that we came to it through Him.

Because I know that I did.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

It doesn't bother men when other Christians express viewpoints different from mine.

Why should it?

Jesus of Nazareth is still the Savior.

Didn't bother the Apostle Paul, either.

Philippians 1:15-17 It's true that some here preach Christ because with me out of the way, they think they'll step right into the spotlight. But the others do it with the best heart in the world. One group is motivated by pure love, knowing that I am here defending the Message, wanting to help. The others, now that I'm out of the picture, are merely greedy, hoping to get something out of it for themselves. Their motives are bad. They see me as their competition, and so the worse it goes for me, the better—they think—for them.

18 So how am I to respond? I've decided that I really don't care about their motives, whether mixed, bad, or indifferent. Every time one of them opens his mouth, Christ is proclaimed, so I just cheer them on! mSG

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I ask this to my fellow brothers and sisters, have I ever pushed MY interpretations as "GOSPEL"?

Have I ever debated anything and said it was anything more than my opinion and interpretation?

Have I not always said that Jesus is our lord and saviour, that he died and was ressurected? Have I not always admitted openly that I do NOT view the bible as inerrant? have I ever accused anyone of not prescribing to MY interpretations asthem being wrong?

I have always openly stated that Jesus is the Word of God and that people shoudl go to HIM to find the truth.

I try my best to reconcile the bibel with what I know of Jesus and to distinguishe between what is written in the bible and what is human doctrine, I may not always be right nor do I ever say that I am rgith and everyone else is wrong, buit always say "test everything".

I guess the real issue may be that I am NOT a fundamentalist because if I was, none of this woudl be an issue.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I ask this to my fellow brothers and sisters, have I ever pushed MY interpretations as "GOSPEL"?

No, you haven't.

When I posted what Paul said, I was trying to show that not all Christians do or say things uniformly.

Come to think of it, that passage may not be the best example to use.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I understood your example Slyvia, I was just asking the question in general :)

I didn't take it personally since I didn't see myself in that example, I don't preach at all, I express an opinion, typically debate interpretations and doctrines, nothing more.

• tec
    tec

PSac - you have always stated what you think, and that the things you think (disregarding faith and love in Christ) could be wrong or misunderstood on your behalf. I consider you a brother in Christ, and I think that you think much in the same way as me... in fact, I was thinking of you in this way, this morning, off the forum. I believe you have love of Christ in you.

You have been speaking without saying I think or I believe in some of your posts lately, and so that might lead some people to think that you are speaking as if you KNOW and that you believe there is no room for error in what you say. Some people might forget that you are just saying what you believe and that you don't think people should take what you say, just because YOU say it. Please don't be discouraged.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit