Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

All humans are welcome, except for the ones mentioned in Leviticus 21:

16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled footor hand, 20 or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy. [e] ' "

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I think all humans are on equal ground on this topic, LWT. I guess that's a bit different than the song I was singing a month ago, huh?

I think you're keeping your eyes and ears open and you're not ignoring the evidence. This is admirable.

I remember how scary it was to realize that I will one day die, not having the answers to an infinite number of seemingly important questions. It takes a little while to reach the point of enjoying the journey, despite this reality.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'd be ok...until he said the part about the damaged testicles...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just kidding...

My testicles are fine. They are strong and healthy and have a nice shiny glow about them...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

LWT: One of you posts, believe it or not, is one that I will never forget. It was something like, "It's not death that we should focus on, but that which makes death the fulfillment."

I probably murdered that quote...sorry.

• wiser
    wiser

Yes!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LWT: One of you posts, believe it or not, is one that I will never forget. It was something like, "It's not death that we should focus on, but that which makes death the fulfillment."
    I probably murdered that quote...sorry.

Yeah, I like that quote, too. I'm uncertain of the source. It's basically another way of saying "Get busy living or get busy dying", too, I think.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I think you are putting words into Jesus' mouth

Jesus was a guy who's dad was obsessed with penises, was a single guy traveling around preaching love with 12 other single guys, rubbing oil on their feet and taking boat rides together. I bet that wasn't the only thing put into his mouth.

And yes, on the incredibly impossible chance that God/Jesus are real, I AM going to hell for that thankyouverymuch.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes!!!

Why!!!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And yes, on the incredibly impossible chance that God/Jesus are real, I AM going to hell for that thankyouverymuch.

If the Bible is correct then I would take the Witness Ghenna over Hell anyday.

Go JWs!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit