Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Where are you getting this?

Let me quote the scripture again:

John 14: 6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This scripture is concise.

Please give me an equally descriptive scripture(s) that supports your concept of "others coming to the Father, later on."

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Christians have access to the Father now; the others, later.
    Who are the 'others', and what do you mean by 'later'?
    -Sab

The 3/4 that you mentioned in your opening post.

"Later" means when the Father arrives, after the Son has prepared the way for Him.

There is NO condemnation for anyone now! That, too, will come later.

Keep up, Sab.

Syl

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Who is Jesus speaking to there in John 14, is it not his disciples? He taught them earlier that they were to call no one their Teacher because he was their Teacher. He taught them they were to call no one their Leader because he was their Leader. In my opinion, John 14:6 is a reminder to all Christians that the only way to the Father is through Jesus himself alone. For Christians the way to the Father is through the Son.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There is NO condemnation for anyone now! That, too, will come later.

This is like rolling a large bolder off a steep hill that overlooks an unsuspecting village and saying that the village is not going to (or might not) suffer damage because the bolder hasn't reached it yet.

No one can predict how much damage the village will take, but the second it started rolling we know that the village will be hit.

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 21:21-27 The main street of the City was pure gold, translucent as glass. But there was no sign of a Temple, for the Lord God—the Sovereign-Strong—and the Lamb are the Temple. The City doesn't need sun or moon for light. God's Glory is its light, the Lamb its lamp! The nations will walk in its light and earth's kings bring in their splendor. Its gates will never be shut by day, and there won't be any night. They'll bring the glory and honor of the nations into the City. Nothing dirty or defiled will get into the City, and no one who defiles or deceives. Only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life will get in. MSG

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    John 14:6 is a reminder to all Christians that the only way to the Father is through Jesus himself alone. For Christians the way to the Father is through the Son.

Then the scripture should say 'no Christian can come to the Father except through me', read it again.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've gotta agree with snowbird as far as scripture goes. A more correct understanding of Revelation (one different than the WT's silly interpretation) shows that AFTER Jesus comes VISIBALLY there will be an opportunity for EVERYONE to come to him. Hence "Great Crowd".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    there will be an opportunity for EVERYONE to come to him. Hence "Great Crowd".

Why the narrow road, etc?

• snowbird
    snowbird

WT's view is narrow, twisted, and sick.

ALL families of the earth are to bless themselves, not be condemned, by means of Abraham's Seed.

Hallelujah!

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Revelation: 21:27 - Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Syl, Revelation is not even close to descriptive as John 14:6 so you didn't answer the question.

Second, I noticed vs 27 of the scripture you quoted. Interesting that you can be deemed impure to enter the Temple, yet they leave the definition of impurity ambiguous.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit