Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    (I'm still thinking on this a bit, so please bear with me)

Tammy, I have to tip my hat to you. You really are a thinker and go at the Bible with a fairly open mind. I really admire this.

I think you have become the first Christian I actually like.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

I missed that, Sab... thank you. I feel a little embarrassed, mind you, because I am not the only person who thinks and goes at the Bible with a fairly open mind, not even on this board, but thank you just the same.

That you can see a person and their faith beyond the religion (whether you agree with them or not) speaks volumes about your open mind/heart as well.

Tammy

Edited:

Sorry, but I just have to add that you really brightened my day. People like you give me great hope for us all :)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    This is more complicated than I realized.
    Is this from a part of the bible that is inspired, or is it a personal revelatio

Both.

But, like most things, they are based on interpretation.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Accepting Christ means that we understand that there is NOTHING we can do to deserve Grace, it is a gift.

Good Deeds and the desire to do them, coem from the knowledge that God loves us and that loves compells us to share God's love through acts of love ( good works), the key element is the INTENT, as a christian, itis OUR INTENT that is judged.

Doing good so that we will eb saved, doing good to "look good", doing good to "bargin" with God, doing good beyond the intent of doing good out of love, is NOT viewed well by God and Jesus.

Christianity is about Virtue and Character, and love, compassion, frogiveness, humility are the defining attributes of this virtue.

When these thinsg are lacking it is a case of not enough Christ in our lives.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am the way and the truth and the life

• journey-on
    journey-on

Prodigal Son... You and I think a lot alike.

Jesus (Yeshua) was not born the Messiah, but became the Messiah through a spiritual quest. His holy soul was the Christ-bearer to humanity on earth and at his baptism, he was annointed (became united) with the Christ-presence, and after his death and resurrection, became fully Christ.

Jesus is the image of the human one coming into being in Christ consciousness and at the same time is the Christos communicating itself to the world.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Christianity is about Virtue and Character, and love, compassion, frogiveness, humility are the defining attributes of this virtue.

When these thinsg are lacking it is a case of not enough Christ in our lives.

Excellent post, PSac. I love those kinds of Christians. Well, really those kind of poeple no matter whhat faith they follow or don't. It should be noted that having those qualities does not mean one has Christ, however. I just mean that a Jew, a Muslim, an atheist, a Druid can have those qualitities as well.

Excellent post.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It should be noted that having those qualities does not mean one has Christ, however. I just mean that a Jew, a Muslim, an atheist, a Druid can have those qualitities as well.

Well, you say that having those qualities doesn't mean one his Christ and if by that you mean that one is NOT a christian and has not accepted Jesus Christ for whatever reason, then yes, I agree, I know many who are like that that are NOT christians in the religious sense of the word.

Yet, I do believe they do "have Christ" in the sense of having the qualities that Christ wants us to have and that Christ showed as by example.

Ghandi had Christ, even if he wasn't a christian and never made the proclamation of faith in Christ, he acts and more importantly, the intent behind his actions were glorifing Christ in the best sense of the word, far more than a "christian" that proclaims Christ and has no love for any of his fellow human beings.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Yet, I do believe they do "have Christ" in the sense of having the qualities that Christ wants us to have and that Christ showed as by example.

Ah, well, I prefer to call it qualities that are documented to be recommended by the Babylonians and Egyptians around 2000 years before Christ showed up and by Buddha around 500 years before . So I guess you could say Christ was a good student of those cultures and had them in him.

Ghandi had Christ, even if he wasn't a christian and never made the proclamation of faith in Christ,

To be fair, he had good Babylonian, Egyptian and Buddist ethics and morals in him, as did the Christos.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

NVL,

Indeed, truth is truth, regardless of age, ethinc upbrining and religion.

But in a thread about Christ, don't hold it against me to use Him as an example.

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit