All the accusations- and no substance....how SHOCKING!

by theMadJW 334 Replies latest jw friends

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

It is interesting to see how the MadJW has drawn you to respond for nine pages, and who knows how many more.

Now, how did he do that?

That's the question you need to ask yourself.

Night Owl

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Easy he asked for substance and I'm offering up some ( Well its raining out and I have nothing better to do right now also )

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I will adddress the following:

Are there pretenders in our Brotherhood- as in all religion- that do what is evil?

Yes.

Are you a pretender?

1 Corinthians 13:1-6 (New International Version)

Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Have we made stupid guesses about some of the prophecies, as all churches do?

Can you give me a list of these churches and what stupid prophecies they made?

Do we get involved in politics, support what God defines as immorality

Can you find support in the bible for the above comment MAD? What do you think the world would look like without Government?

I don’t see any condemnation in the following verses of people who were in the Government - Soldiers, Tax Collectors, Caesar’s household, city's director of public works, jailer, a centurion.

Romans 13:1-7 (New International Version)

Submission to the Authorities

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Luke 3:14 (New International Version)

14Then some soldiers asked him, "And what should we do?"
    He
    (John the Baptist) replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely——be content with your pay."

Luke 19:1-9 (New International Version)

Zacchaeus the Tax Collector

1Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." 6So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a 'sinner.' "

8But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

9Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

Philippians 4:22 (New International Version)

22All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household.

Romans 16:23 (New International Version)

23Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church here enjoy, sends you his greetings.
    Erastus, who is the city's director of public works, and our brother Quartus send you their greetings.

Acts 16:25-36 (New International Version)

29The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

31They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved——you and your household." 32Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God——he and his whole family.

35When it was daylight(after his conversion), the magistrates sent their officers to the jailer with the order: "Release those men." 36The jailer told Paul, "The magistrates have ordered that you and Silas be released. Now you can leave. Go in peace."

Acts 10 (New International Version)

Cornelius Calls for Peter

1At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. 2He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. 3One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"

4Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.

The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. 5Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. 6He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea."

7When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. 8He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.

Acts 10:22 (New International Version)

22The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."

Acts 23:17-35 (New International Version)

17Then Paul called one of the centurions and said, "Take this young man to the commander; he has something to tell him." 18So he took him to the commander.
    The centurion said, "Paul, the prisoner, sent for me and asked me to bring this young man to you because he has something to tell you.".........

Paul Transferred to Caesarea

23Then he called two of his centurions and ordered them, "Get ready a detachment of two hundred soldiers, seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen[a] to go to Caesarea at nine tonight. 24Provide mounts for Paul so that he may be taken safely to Governor Felix."

25He wrote a letter as follows: 26Claudius Lysias, To His Excellency, Governor Felix: Greetings. 27This man was seized by the Jews and they were about to kill him, but I came with my troops and rescued him, for I had learned that he is a Roman citizen. 28I wanted to know why they were accusing him, so I brought him to their Sanhedrin. 29I found that the accusation had to do with questions about their law, but there was no charge against him that deserved death or imprisonment. 30When I was informed of a plot to be carried out against the man, I sent him to you at once. I also ordered his accusers to present to you their case against him.

31So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris. 32The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks. 33When the cavalry arrived in Caesarea, they delivered the letter to the governor and handed Paul over to him. 34The governor read the letter and asked what province he was from. Learning that he was from Cilicia, 35he said, "I will hear your case when your accusers get here." Then he ordered that Paul be kept under guard in Herod's palace

On a personal note;

My mom was a JW for almost 37 years. She hated the uniform of a soldier and what it stood for. It was one of the reasons she joined the JW’s. She is now grateful to the Canadian soldiers that liberated the Netherlands when she was 14. If she can, at the age of 80, finally see the falsehoods of this organization maybe you too can see it one day. I hope it doesn’t take you as long as it did my mom. She had one thing going for her though. She wasn’t hateful and sarcastic as you seem to be to those who don't agree with your beliefs.

1 John 4:20 (New International Version)

20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Mark 12:28-34 (New International Version) couldn't take off bold so underlined

The Greatest Commandment

28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[b] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c]There is no commandment greater than these."

32"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Luke 10:25-37 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]"

28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

29But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

30In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two silver coins[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

36"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

37The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
    Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

• wasblind
    wasblind

Night owl ,

you just made a contribution yourself .

what you may see as someones "ZEN" being

disturbed, we see it as a teaching tool for

those who don't know. You want to smoke a

damn piece pipe go somewhere else.

• wasblind
    wasblind

And another thing, who do you think you are comin' on here, tryin' to brow beat somebody into behaving they way you think they ought to behave.

you ain't nobody's mama on this site. If you don't like how we roll on here, well you can just roll yourself on out !!!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I agree Wasblind, some arsenide JW coming here to this site and telling people how and what to post is nothing but ridiculous and stupid.

but then again doesn't being ridiculous and stupid define a JW anyways ?

I think this guy assumes he's at the Kingdom Hall and he's giving out counseling at the appropriate time.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

wasblind,

I posted a question between two statements and you are so angry that you see it as browbeating? You respond like one of those little dogs on that show called the "Dog Whisperer". Snarling and snapping this way and that.

trueone,

When will you learn to respond to posters like the MadJW? Probably never. That is why you turn to wasblind for support and vent YOUR anger towards me. If you cannot handle MadJW, you sure can't handle me. No offense. Just truth.

Night Owl

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks for your concerns- yet you fail to realise that MOST Bible believers have opinions as to what's meant by God's prophecies.

Publishing House? How EVIL! We actuall publish Bibles and literature to help people see thru the Spell of CHURCHianity! How WICKED!

So, you condemn me for not being a Whiner- like YOU?

What do YOU offer as far as "Truth" to anyone wanting to learn about God?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Night Owl,

this forum not only teach, but is also serves as support for many

that is what you just witnessed between the Trueone and I

on one of your recent post you thought that i was trying to

make little of your advice, when i told you that i learned the

same thing in high school and i noticed in your remark you

became a little miffed in your question to me. You seem like

the type of person to get his panties in a wad rather quickly

even though you hide behide this peace and all is well facade

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When will you learn to respond to posters like the MadJW?

I think I handle this clown well in my opinion.

I never really got your point on why I was posting a comment after 9 pages of this topic thread.

I really do have a life and I'm not at my computer all day long.

Care to elaborate on your comment ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit