My Lord spoke and told me to post

by watersprout 213 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

You have noting to apologise for Tec. You were just defending Shelby.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Waterspout - interesting experience you've had. I wont be judging you. I was anointed whilst a JW and there is/was nothing surer in my whole life...completely undeniable. I now believe that the experience of being 'called' isnt exclusive to any one religion at all. I didnt hear any 'physical' voices ever, but I certainly felt led... and still do. Let criticism just pass you by - its between you and your God in the end.

Loz x

• Inkie
    Inkie

PSacramento wrote:

We all hear his voice,

Absolutely, Yes!

it was that voice that, everytime you read something from the WT, you heard in your head saying, "this is not right",

Absolutely, Yes!

it's the voice that when we are about to do what we know is wrong, tells us over and over, "don't do it".

Absolutely, Yes!

Yeah, sure you can ignore it like you did in the past, like you still do today sometimes, but you do know that when you listen to it, it is right.

And again, absolutely, Yes! Come to the realization that when this happens to you, it is the Christ speaking to you.

PSacto: Thanks for saying it so succinctly well.

--Inkie

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I was at the zoo the other day, and I heard a voice. I looked around, but didn't see anyone. The voice, sounding bemused, spoke once again and told me that he was Charles Darwin. Wow, I thought. So, ol' Chuck is in heaven after all, and God wanted him to speak with me.

Right away, the voice of Charles Darwin said, "No, Dave, you're just having a delusional moment."

So, I replied, "Thanks Chuck! For a moment there, I though there might actually be a god. What a relief!"

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Shelby and Waterspout you are both making a mockery. It is blasphemous.

The "spirit" is not some spook talking to you via galactic intercom in an audible voice. The "spirit" is supposed to be within you. It is called your conscience.

I think the two of you are hung up on your own importance. That's called "EGO". It is also deceptive to put on these grand pretensious airs like you think you are more special than anyone else. So special that God himself comes down to talk to you. That makes you ABOVE anyone else on this board who does not hear from "him". That's what you want, isn't it? Noteriety and Fame? Extra-super-specialness? Better than everyone else? SO much better than all of us because God actually values YOUR opinion.

Maybe next time you can tell us how God often asks for YOUR advice on matters.

• cofty
    cofty

Cameo-d, my thoughts exactly. Its infuriating how some christians demonstrate a sense of self-importance that is off the scale while hiding behind a facade of mock humility

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Dear noblelodge

@Onthewayout and
    @Aussie Oz
    You are strong reliable posters on this forum, usually the first to encourage and support those who are in the process of leaving and those who have just left and because of that I do have a lot of respect for you. I know you both hate the way the Org: has hurt so many and yet I feel that the way you attack ones like Watersprout, Shelby, Inkie makes you no different to those in the Tower. Bullying is bullying, harshness is harshness no matter how you go about it or who it comes from.
    I would love to know why it bothers you so much?

First thankyou for what you said about me (Oz)

second, i realize we all have different journey's. I thought long and hard before posting as i did not want to join in the ridicule and bullying as you call it. I weighed out my words carefully.

I asked the poster questions to ponder, i suggested meds.

i did not call him a loon, a nut job or anyother derogatry term. I do not feel like i attacked him at all.

It bothers me because I have a relative in permanant lock up last i heard for schitzoprenia, hearing voices and speaking bizzare things. I spent a good many months as a security guard watching people with mental illness in psych-wards and hospitals as they were treated for this sort of thing as well. This behavior and hearing voices inside the head is not normal. It is not healthy. Ask the victems of those maimed by people claiming the lord told them to hack thier loved ones to death so they can enter paradise what they think of 'voices'.

If the poster is happy and harmless, ok, he gets a free pass, good on him... but i urge him to seek help none the less.

Oz

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's called "EGO".

yep.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Waterspout, peace to you... and please excuse, but:

Shelby and Waterspout you are both making a mockery. It is blasphemous.

Greetings, dear cameo-d... and peace to you! You've kind of gotten it wrong, dear one... and backward. It would be blasphemous for us to attribute something given to us by the Holy Spirit... as something of ourselves. Doesn't work quite the way you "see" it...

The "spirit" is not some spook talking to you via galactic intercom in an audible voice.

Really? So, it was Philip's conscience that told him to join up with the Ethiopian's chariot? And Ananias' that told him to go find Paul? Who, then, gave John the Revelation? He gave it to himself? Dear one, one MUST give credit to the Holy Spirit, Christ... and glorify HIM... when it is him who speaks. To do anything ELSE... would be ego.

The "spirit" is supposed to be within you. It is called your conscience.

Where, may I ask... did you get that understanding? From whom... or where... did you receive it? Perhaps you either received it from men... or thought it up all on your own? In which case, in NEITHER instance does it have anything to do with the Spirit, Christ.

I think the two of you are hung up on your own importance. That's called "EGO".

One who is hung up on oneself doesn't give the credit... or the glory... to another. Whether that other one be God, Christ... or some little green martian man. One who loves the glory of men... above the glory of GOD... denies God, indeed, is ashamed of Him... before men... and gives the glory to himself... or to other men. One who loves the glory of GOD, however, GLORIFIES God... by glorifying CHRIST... in all that God... and Christ... do. Including speaking to the sons of men. Which God does... through His Son, Christ... and NOT through one's own conscience (oh, c'mon! That is SO WTBTS!!) Even to you. Whether you hear... or not.

It is also deceptive to put on these grand pretensious airs like you think you are more special than anyone else.

Yet, another who doesn't listen. We are not special, dear one... more or otherwise. What is UP with folks that they don't GET that?? Someone who believes themself to be special wouldn't put themselves out there to be ravaged and talked about in this way. If we thought ourselves special we wouldn't let some of you get away with half of what you say to us. Rather, we would say, "We are special; who are YOU to speak to us that way?" To the contrary, however, we know we are servants... YOUR servants... and least ones. So, we put up with you. It is you who have a problem with what and how WE speak.

But... because we have turned AWAY from the Old Law... by turning TO Christ, the Holy Spirit... we have GREAT FREENESS of speech! You should try it - it's VERY liberating!

So special that God himself comes down to talk to you.

Ummmm... He was gonna come down and speak to ALL Israel. And what was so special about them, other than they were Abraham's seed? Nothing. They were rebellious, sinful, murmuring, unfaithful... and unlawful. Indecisive, wishy-washy, superstitious... and disloyal. BUT... He was gonna come down and speak to them anyway. In spite of their sins. But they couldn't handle it. So, He spoke to them through Moses. NOW, however, He speaks... through His Son. Yes, to us... a rebellious, sinful, murmuring, unfaithful, unlawful, indecisive, wishy-washy, superstitious, and disloyal house though we yet are. We can only HEAR Him... however, by listening to the One through whom He SPEAKS. And that doesn't take being perfect or special. It only takes faith.

That makes you ABOVE anyone else on this board who does not hear from "him".

No, dear cameo-d... that makes us SERVANTS, and thus LOWER... than anyone else on the board, whether they hear him or not.

That's what you want, isn't it? Noteriety and Fame?

Here? Seriously?? Does it LOOK like we're famous here? Methinks INFAMOUS is a more appropriate word. Even so, dear one, I have enough talents to seek noteriety and fame in the world. I do not need to seek it here. I am here because some from among the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with them... are here. I am a servant to that Household and so I came... where my Lord sent me.

Extra-super-specialness?

Is that like "extra-special-crispy"? If so, I'm a grilled kind of girl, myself. Too much crunch for me...

Better than everyone else? SO much better than all of us because God actually values YOUR opinion.

God... value OUR/MY opinion? Seriously??? WHAT... in... the... WORLD... could... I... opine... that... would... be... of... ANY... benefit... to... HIM? WHAT, pray tell me???

Maybe next time you can tell us how God often asks for YOUR advice on matters.

I can tell you now, dear one: never. Ever.

Goodness, dear cameo-d, I realize I may have taken over your soundwave thread... well, me and dear NVL ... and perhaps I/we shouldn't have... but NO offense was intended, truly! Seriously, I apologize!! And I wish you peace, truly...

YOUR servant, truly, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Its only called ego unless its true. If its true, then you are unjustly judging innocent people for speaking the truth about what happened to them - (those of you who are doing so)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit