My Lord spoke and told me to post

by watersprout 213 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, there are a few on this board who buy into your "peace to you" "slave of Christ" schtick but I will never be one of them.

And you were asked to do so by... whom, exactly? I give a greeting of peace, dear SBC, because (1) I truly wish it... for whoever I'm addressing and their household, and (2) it's what my Lord did and has taught me to do. Don't worry - he also addressed what I am to do when my wish for peace is NOT accepted. Therefore, I will let it return upon me, at least with regard to you... and no longer offer it to YOU.

As for my [slave of Christ] schtick... it's what I am, I am not ashamed of it, and so I identify myself as such... as did others before me.

Jeheshua-whoever is too smarmy for my tastes.

Then, by all means, refrain. Neither I nor my Lord would like you to use... or call upon... a name that doesn't suit YOU.

I like my mythological gods to be more barbaric and jealous, like Yahweh.

To each his own, I always say.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    As for Inkie, AGuest, and Watersprout, I apologize for my cutting remarks. My cynicism bleeds through when I see logic yielding to dogma and this week my tolerance is virtually nil.

We all have our "limits", dear SBC (peace to you!), and so your apology is totally accepted. I think, though, that regardless of what we believe but just on the basis that we are fellow humans... we should ALL take care not to try and make others "bleed" just because we ourselves are doing so. Because nothing is really gained by it, is there but to the contrary, some may be even further "lost"...

Again peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    SBC: Jeheshua-whoever is too smarmy for my tastes.
    AG: Then, by all means, refrain. Neither I nor my Lord would like you to use... or call upon... a name that doesn't suit YOU.
    SBC: I like my mythological gods to be more barbaric and jealous, like Yahweh.
    AG: To each his own, I always say.

Is it just coincidence that sarcasm seems to be wasted on the ones who take so many bible passages literally? Probably.

Right now, I'm just not happy with how a "holy book" is being used to validate the segregation of my family. What disturbs me most is probably that they CAN interpret it however they like to fit whatever they want. ("Jesus foretold that the truth would divide families!") And not just JWs but ANYONE who uses it. And then they can claim only THEY have the right understanding because god saw fit to endow them with holy spirit. That such a thing is even possible makes me seriously question why a real god would convey important instructions in a book penned by men, and passed down as it was.

If I don't believe god spoke to bible writers, I'm certainly not going to patronize anyone who claims god literally speaks to him/her in modern times. If someone told me his dog could recite the sonnets of ol' Bill Shakespeare, I'd be skeptical and probably call him out (with little tact), simply for trying to sell me a load of bull. Perhaps that isn't PC. Maybe I'll mellow with time.

• tec
    tec

Sweetbaby - I think you're going through one helluva hard time right now, and I hope you get through it with strength and peace.

That being said, Shelby got you sarcasm. In my very next post, I'm going to respond to something Cyberjesus said... in the exact same manner as Shelby responded to you.

(could be wrong, but I don't think so)

Give me one minute, and I'll do it...

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit