Last Night's Intervention

by brotherdan 154 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

Jeez - 5 pages and Debator is still going off on what the meaning of a prophet is -

This argument of what a prophet is or is not is totally beside the point of Watchtower prophecy - the facts are:

They have claimed to be a prophet class, and claimed to be speaking God's words many times.

The words they spoke have many times failed to come true.

Apologists like Debator for some mental reason cannot accept that these prophecies did not come true, so he is going on and on with the false idea that the are not "really" prophets - this is an excuse for making prophecy which did not come true.

It is an extremely sorry excuse - when you predict something (as in prophecy something) - it either comes true or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then you are a false prophet.

The Watchtower has proven itself to be a serial and unrepentant false prophet.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Debator pulls this crap all the time. He steps into the thread of someone who wants help and encouragement and derails it, taking the focus off of the person needing help. And SO MANY regular posters here STILL fall for it.

Lets focus on helping our brotherdan here and if debator wants to debate, let him start his own thread instead of hijacking others'.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Absolutely right, Mad Sweeney. I for one am getting sick of this nonsense.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Awake, October 8, 1968

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Awake, May 22, 1969

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Q: Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?

A: Because the WT Society Built it Up So Much in Print and via Talks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Via Don Cameron's book, 'Captives of a Concept', pages 59 through 61.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great series of posts, LWT!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thanks for the support guys. I'm just down in the dumps right now. Everynight is something new. Last night my wife pretended to be interested in hearing what I had to say. I thought that it was great. But then I realized that she was deliberately trying to start a fight. How long can this go on? It would be so much easier if kids weren't involved. Last night I couldn't stop thinking, "I'm done". I'm just tired, you know. Tired of the fight. Tired of the defense. Tired of my own struggle with faith.

• undercover
    undercover
    Thanks for the support guys. I'm just down in the dumps right now. Everynight is something new. Last night my wife pretended to be interested in hearing what I had to say. I thought that it was great. But then I realized that she was deliberately trying to start a fight. How long can this go on? It would be so much easier if kids weren't involved. Last night I couldn't stop thinking, "I'm done". I'm just tired, you know. Tired of the fight. Tired of the defense. Tired of my own struggle with faith.

took out the gibberish in the middle...

Hang in there dude... we've all been there. You may never fully free her mind from the control of the WTS and you may have to just deal with that. but for now: Baby steps...take it slow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit