Say " Hello " to the Least Racist Person in America

by flipper 104 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe
    What race is Obama?

the US Census would answer that one, if Obama shared his answers with us. He could check as many of these as he wanted from the OMB standards that are used in the 2010 Census--he probably checked, white and black to indicate a mixture of races.

The revised standards will have five minimum categories for data on race: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and White. There will be two categories for data on ethnicity: "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A heavy racist and a skinny racist jump off a cliff. Who wins? Society

How many racists does it take to change a light bulb? None, racists hate being enlightened.

Why did the black man, Irishman and a Jew cross the road? To beat up the racist on the other side.

Why are racists proud of their skin color? Well, they certainly don't have much else going for them.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Patting yourself on the back and calling yourself "Non racist" is a sort of racism in itself. If you're really not racist, you'd just think race was a topic that really shouldn't be really given a mention on a public messageboard.

• flipper
    flipper

DARK SIDE- Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Same back to you.

MOSHE- Good points. To me, it didn't matter WHICH race Obama was - I still would have voted for him. Dude has serious charisma & intelligence.

OTWO- Funny jokes . Nice of you to insert some humor on this somber type thread ! LOL ! Nice of you to bail my a$$ out !

COLD RED RAIN- Apparently the dry humorous Satirical meaning of my thread was lost on you. I made this thread to cause POSITIVE discussion about racism to offset Dark Side's thread entitled, " Say Hello to the MOST Racist Person in America ". Jeez, lighten up dude. What makes you think the problem of racism shouldn't be proactively discussed on a public internet discussion board ? Would you prefer people bury their heads in sand regarding race relations ? Just curious

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I have asked this question over and over again whenever a thread about racism appears on this forum, but no one has ever been able to answer my question. What race is Obama? Does he belong to the white race? Or does he belong to the black race?

-----------------------

In general, we follow the male lineage, so my father was English and my mother was French, however, we would be recorded as English because the line follows the father. We may in family history, or in our traditions and cultures and speech, be French and we consider ourselves both, but for reporting purposes, we are English.

My husbands lineage on the female side has it's roots in both slavery and American Indian, and in those cases, the children born of those women followed the female line - and in those instances, it would have been in direct relation to the circumstances surrounding the birth of their children, in part because a child born to a slave woman was itself considered a slave, even if the father was another race. It would not be until a marriage took place, which could only happen among 'freed' people, that the children would take the lineage of the father or, in the cases of many children who were abandoned or orphaned along the Trail of Tears, their adopted families became their parents and the name denoted lineage, so that a baby taken in by a German family, would never know their parental lineage, so would adopt the fathers name and lineage. This was attributed to the lack of understanding a the time of cultural differences and the inability of Europeans to accurately record or spell some of the names of the people. Sadly, for many people in these sort of circumstances, and I include children who were part of forced immigration from England and other places, orphans of war, white and/or religious slaves within all countries and so on, there is no complete lineage since children, women, poor people were usually chattels to be used, bought or sold without thought. Their heritage was not important so not recorded.

So in essence, culturally you can be many things, but in the Western world your family line follows the father. sammieswife

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

"To me, it didn't matter WHICH race Obama was - I still would have voted for him. Dude has serious charisma & intelligence"

This guy's vote counts the same as mine. Amazing. God Bless America

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Yes, Obama is African American , but I believe he had some Caucasian mixed in his background as well.

So is African- American a race? I thought white was a race and black was a race? No one ever mentioned an African American race to me before?

The revised standards will have five minimum categories for data on race: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and White. There will be two categories for data on ethnicity: "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino."

OK, so let me get this straight, there are now 5 races: White, Black, African-American, Native Alaskan, Native American, and Native Hawaiin or Other Pacific Islander. Is that right?

But I thought most African American's were black so wouldn't they be part of the black race? Or what if a person from Africa becomes an American citizen? Would they be part of the African-American race? What if they were one of those white Africans from the south with Dutch or English ancestry way back hundreds of years ago? Would they still be African-American race or would they be from the white race? If there is an African-American race why isn't there an African race or an American race?

What is the difference between Hispanic or Latino ethnicity? Could someone explain this to me so I don't offend anyone if I travel down south?

I have a brother-in-law whose parents were originally from Portugal, and speak a little Portuguese, a latin language, so are they Latino? My brother-in-law was born in Canada, though, and doesn't speak any Portuguese but he sure as hell could pass for a Mexican. If he moves to South America or the US, or even Brazil, would he be considered a Latino or a Canadian? Or is there a Latino-Canadian ethnicity?

In general, we follow the male lineage, so my father was English and my mother was French, however, we would be recorded as English because the line follows the father. We may in family history, or in our traditions and cultures and speech, be French and we consider ourselves both, but for reporting purposes, we are English.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me Sammie Lee. So, then, I am from the English race and Obama is from the Kenyan race. I think I got it now.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Stick around. The coloreds negros blacks afro-americans redefine themselves every once in a while. Read the papers and/or watch TV. Don't get caught being politically incorrect

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, I'm trying not to be politically incorrect, that's why I need someone more knowledgeable about these things to explain all the definitions to me.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

"Well, I'm trying not to be politically incorrect, that's why I need someone more knowledgeable about these things to explain all the definitions to me."

Really? Seriously?

Definitions suck, but we all use them. Find the ones that work for you. On the other hand, choices are fun

Personally, my favorite is "au naturel, landing strip or ooh la la".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit