Say " Hello " to the Least Racist Person in America

by flipper 104 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    I hear people talk about racism among the JW's, and it doesn't make sense to me.

I agree --And that's an honest and sincere compliment I'll give the JW's.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I know living in Boston we don't see race. We live in perfect harmony

As long as your Irish LOL

BTW I'm not Irish

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can be proud of your own people, be it for reason of country or ethnicity. But pride in oneself and one's fellow countrymen or one's ethnic group doesn't elevate that same one above other groups. Black pride is not about the color of the skin, it's a pride in surviving/overcoming obstacles. White pride typically comes from ignorant arrogant idiots who think they are automatically better than other races because of their skin color. This doesn't mean that racism (in America) comes from white people only. There is ignorance enough to go around to all the races.

I was damn lucky to be born in the USA to mostly white origins. I say that, not that I think the USA is better or white people are better. It just gave me many advantages. It would be awful to think I was better than those born without advantages.

I find that most "racists" are just so totally ignorant.

Anyway, my grandparents were of two different races so my mother would be considered bi-racial. There was no such term back then, but it would fit now. I would be considered white because I am 3/4ths white (and look white). If my wife and I had kids, they would be bi-racial because my wife is not of a race considered white.

It's all meaningless. Any kids I have could grow up being hated by more than one race or embraced by more than one race. So meaningless. I can imagine Asians saying that Tiger Woods is black now because of his need for many women. Not so many years ago, Asians embraced him as one of their own.

People are people.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, always!!!! good to see you here!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I grew up in Southern California, and on this subject it's almost as good. I hear people talk about racism among the JW's, and it doesn't make sense to me. Actually, the diversity is the only thing I can think of that I thank them for. But maybe it wasn't the Dubs as I have always thought, it was just Cali.

This was my experience of the JWs also. There is plenty to bash them about, but racism isn't one of them, at least not during my lifetime.

Great thread Flipper!

I'd like to add, however, that you have issues with Sasquatch-Americans. I've noticed you try to chase these people down.

BTS

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"Actually, the diversity is the only thing I can think of that I thank them for. But maybe it wasn't the Dubs as I have always thought, it was just Cali."

I have crapola to thank for the diversity I knew as a child. Every child should be so lucky.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I take it you're an Okie?

BTS

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

"White pride typically comes from ignorant arrogant idiots who think they are automatically better than other races because of their skin color"

I agree that is the perspective of many, and I can understand why. But it shouldn't require me, as a white man, to hang my head in disgrace. Yet that is what today's society wants. Again, in light of the past, I can understand why. Doesn't make it any less out of line

People should "not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Wiser words were never spoken

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yet, that is what today's society wants.

Horse puckey

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Denial is not just a river in Africa. Corney but true

BTW beksie, do you think about me at night?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit