My letter to my aunt.

by alice.in.wonderland 142 Replies latest social family

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    A message for the purpose of terminating association with the person doesn't fit that description.

If your letter was merely to terminate association with her, you could have just said, "I hereby terminate association with you."

No, you took it to a whole new level. You had to go for blood. Your's is a hate letter.

Go back and read the letters sent to me. Only one that I posted made a threat to my life. The rest were viewed by the police as hate mail and taken very seriously.

As I said, I would find out the laws in your area before you post hatemail, or be prepared for the consequences.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Alice Rachel, btw, the letter you sent was so full of vitriol and was so disrespectful as to personify immorality. No moral person would have sent that letter. Morality includes ethics and your letter was unethical, hence, immoral.

I thank God you are not my niece.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A word came to mind: sanctimonious

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice Rachel, btw, the letter you sent was so full of vitriol and was so disrespectful as to personify immorality. No moral person would have sent that letter. Morality includes ethics and your letter was unethical, hence, immoral.

I thank God you are not my niece."

She treats her mother with dementia like a brainless fool. Would you want a daughter like that if you developed dementia or alzheimer disease?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"No, you took it to a whole new level. You had to go for blood. Your's is a hate letter."

Sorry you see it that way. You also see things through a kaleidoscope most of the time so point not taken.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    She treats her mother with dementia like a brainless fool. Would you want a daughter like that if you developed dementia or alzheimer disease?

This is quite different than the sleeping around mentioned in the letter. Why wasn't this treatment of your grandmother mentioned in the letter? At least this does concern you somewhat.

Think About It

• tec
    tec

Alice - In the past, I may have stepped in on your threads in an attempt to explain what seemed to be a misunderstanding, to give you the benefit of the doubt, or to try and deflect what was turning into just a big hate-bash.

I have not attacked you, and I won't do so now... but this letter is cruel, judgmental, and without any benefit to the person you are sending it to. Why send it all?

There's no one that thinks you have any practical value as a family member. More like hollow and emotionally deficient. I'm back at the meetings and getting involved with a real family (the Christian congregation). As long as your grossly immoral I'll just write you off as bad association and of no use to me.

Cutting and cruel. This whole part. Ynot gave you a much better example. You can't help someone with hate. You have to show love - unless of course you are unable and you have no love.

Perhaps this is all you know, Alice. But if I were your aunt, after I read this letter and tossed it in the garbage, I would feel sorry for you.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    "No, you took it to a whole new level. You had to go for blood. Your's is a hate letter."
    Sorry you see it that way. You also see things through a kaleidoscope most of the time so point not taken

Actually, Alice, pretty much everyone here sees it that way.

This would cause any normal person to re-think who is the one looking through a kaleidoscope.

But obviously, you are not normal.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Alice Rachel, if your aunt has mistreated her mother, tell your aunt that you are disappointed in how she treats her mother and that you expect her to behave appropriately in the future. But to tell her that no one in the family values her at all is beyond the pale.

My grandmother died 3 years ago from Alzheimer's and my mother has early stage Alzheimer's, so I think I know a little about the challenges of that situation.

My uncle died last December from cancer. A lot of people in my family came into contact with each other during the course of his illness, at the Hospice the day he died, and at the funeral. The JWs simply didn't speak to the family members they didn't like. We have a lot of bad blood in my family, lots of history, but we kept our feelings to ourselves. Even my family, which is horrible, didn't behave like you have.

Take a big girl pill, admit you were mistaken, and move on.

• metatron
    metatron

Alice, do you ever understand that you are imitating your emotionally defective relative?

Do you understand the example of Jesus? Is this something he would do? Or that he would approve of in his followers?

What does it mean to love your enemies? Never talk to them? Tell them they are useless? How does 'eye for eye' change anything? Is 'eye for eye' what Jesus recommended?

I am not a Buddhist - but I often marvel, as Jesus did, that 'people of the nations' often have a better sense of compassion than supposed "Bible believers" do.

I have relatives/ associates that often behave in a callous fashion - and I can tell you that reflecting their unfeeling behavior is not only unspiritual but impractical. If you view the world as cruel, nothing would ever change your mind if cruelty is all that ever gets reflected back to you. This is true for obnoxious relatives - or annoying bosses - or even Nazi's, if you've kept careful track of past Watchtowers that bothered to emphasize the forgotten spirit of Jesus ( or is it the spirit of a forgotten Jesus?)

You don't have to pay her bills or spend huge amounts of time figuring out her problems, but how about a little unselfish love?

Your letter to your aunt is not something you should publish - in pride. It is something you should be ashamed of.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit