Questions for BANE, SCHOLAR, and All Jehovah's Witnesses!

by UnDisfellowshipped 203 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Bane,

Why would we want to change the domain name anyway?

The stated purpose of this website is for ANYONE, including active faithful Jehovah's Witnesses to post and discuss ANYTHING related to Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watchtower Society, or the Bible.

Since that is the stated purpose of this website, why would anyone want to change the domain name?

This website welcomes ALL (who follow the website's rules), including active faithful Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as former members, and non-members.

I am just trying to ask whether or not you are breaking the Watchtower Society's rules for speaking to apostates and reading apostates' writings?

You cannot have it both ways Un. First you say it is for ACTIVE Witnesses, then you slyly try to say at the end of your statement that it is for apostates...

Reread what was said - to make it easier to see where and what he said I put the text in red and underlined for emphasis. I see nothing "sly" about how he composed his point.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance
    apostasy is a rebellion against God not an organization

This leads to the conclusion that only annointed members of the faithful and discrete slave class could become apostates. Only the annointed receive the holy spirit. Only the annointed are qualified to taste the fine word of God; the other flock needs the slave class to feed them this spiritual food. The other flock cannot fall away from what they never were part of, therefore, they could not become apostates by this definition.

Very few of us are or ever were annointed members of the slave class. Some of us are not even among the "other flock". In light of this, is it appropriate to refer to all of us as "apostates"?

• BANE
    BANE

Oh RLY! Poppers....I came here as an active Jehovah´s witness and the first thing that popped no pun intended out of the mouths of all of you when I started winning Bible debates was ¨You are not supposed to be here blah blah blah...¨ He is using the CLASSIC apostate thinking and so you must be by supporting him of ¨We welcome active witnesses¨ Then with the other side of the mouth, ¨Active witnesses shouldn´t be here because we are apostates¨

You cannot have it both ways. That is trying to be sly. We welcome you then we will try and bother your conscience by when we are losing by saying we are apostates to make you leave...

That is what apostates do. They cannot take the heat and thus try this garbage.

So which is it then? An apostate site or a witness one. You cannot have it both ways. Water and oil don´t mix.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, please direct us to what debate you won. Then go back into the dumpster you are living in.

• edward612
    edward612

yeah, great idea

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

"This leads to the conclusion that only annointed members of the faithful and discrete slave class could become apostates. Only the annointed receive the holy spirit. Only the annointed are qualified to taste the fine word of God; the other flock needs the slave class to feed them this spiritual food. The other flock cannot fall away from what they never were part of, therefore, they could not become apostates by this definition.

Very few of us are or ever were annointed members of the slave class. Some of us are not even among the "other flock". In light of this, is it appropriate to refer to all of us as "apostates"?"

The only thing that applies specifically to the anointed is “have tasted the heavenly free gift.” The Christian Greek scriptures was written to the anointed because only the anointed were in the Christian congregation in the first century C.E. but the principle still applies to the great crowd of other sheep.

w69 8/15 p. 511 Questions From Readers

Jewish religious leaders who came to Galilee to see and hear Jesus Christ on one occasion had already taken counsel as to how they might destroy him. (Matt. 12:14) In Galilee they saw Jesus cure a man who was unable to speak, was blind and demon-possessed. Instead of admitting the obvious fact, that Jesus was performing miracles by means of God’s holy spirit, the Pharisees maliciously accused him of doing it by means of the power of Satan. After showing how wrong they were, Jesus said:

“Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in the present system of things nor in that to come.”—Matt. 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28, 29; Luke 12:10.

With these religious leaders it was not just a case of failing to be convinced by Christ’s teachings and works. The people of Chorazin and Bethsaida had been so preoccupied with their way of life that they did not accept Jesus and repent; yet they evidently will benefit from God’s mercy and have a resurrection and a future opportunity to learn the way of righteousness. (Matt. 11:20-24) Nor with the Pharisees was it a matter of blaspheming and opposing true worshipers because of ignorance of God’s will. Saul of Tarsus had been such a man, but he was shown mercy and forgiven. (1 Tim. 1:13-16) Rather, these religious leaders were rotten in their hearts right to their core, and Jesus knew it. Unlike the common people, they had a considerable knowledge of God’s Word. Now they had seen an evident demonstration of God’s spirit. Nevertheless, they completely rejected what was accomplished by Jehovah’s spirit and blasphemously credited Jesus’ miracles to Satan’s power. How bad could one get?

Was their sin serious? Jesus, “knowing their thoughts,” realized that they were deliberately—with their eyes wide open to the facts—sinning against knowledge of the operation of the holy spirit. He indicated that they were “guilty of everlasting sin.” (Matt. 12:25; Mark 3:29) Because of the context of those words, and in view of the fact that Jesus later said that many religious leaders of that time were headed for eternal destruction in Gehenna, it seems that they had committed the unforgivable sin. (Matt. 23:15, 33) Their sin was unforgivable, not because Jehovah is not a forgiving God, but because they were past repentance and beyond being retrieved. Their sin left them in total infidelity as to the real worship of Jehovah. Even in the system of things to come, one guilty of such sin could not be forgiven.

Could one sin against the holy spirit today, and thus be beyond forgiveness? Yes, that is possible. A person could become so hopelessly corrupt in mind and heart as to carry sin to the point of sinning against the spirit. And one need not be a spirit-anointed Christian to do so. Remember that those Pharisees were not anointed Christians and yet they committed unforgivable sin.

• poppers
    poppers

BANE, there are many active witnesses here who no longer subscribe to the teachings, and they get much needed support that they cannot risk seeking anywhere in WT-land. Where are they to go? You would prefer they not be able to go anywhere. Well, they have found this place and I would venture to say they feel very grateful for this place.

Being an active or inactive witness and an apologist, however, doesn't mean you won't be challenged here. You are welcomed to post your views, but you shouldn't be surprised when you are challenged to defend them by those who no longer fall under the sway of WT dictates. In fact, it shouldn't take much browsing of this place for you to conclude that you should expect to be challenged. Knowing that you would label those challengers as "apostates" yet remain here flies in the face of what the WT tells you about the internet and "apostate" association. So if you persist in being here despite such warnings you are actively going against the WT. That's why people repeatedly challenge your presence here, but you ignore that challenge and cry about your treatment here and wonder why people laugh at and ridicule you.

You're a victim of a self-created dilemma that you refuse to address because you not only put yourself in it but insist on remaining in it by your own actions. You can't see that? Is a JW apologist entitled to have free reign to go anywhere without expectation of being challenged? It would seem so according to you, which is pretty darn arrogant. The fact that some try to "bother your conscience" is done in an effort to actually make you think for yourself rather than parrot a party line that is swallowed whole upon penalty of being DF if you should ever have doubts about anything that is forced down your throat as a witness.

So if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen - nobody has tied you to the stove.

By the way, just for your information I've never been a witness nor have any family who are or have ever been witnesses, so I am watching your actions as an interested bystander. I am one of those non-witnesses that has been welcomed here, and what I see from you gives me pause about JW apologists in general and you in particular. My eyes get a lot of exercise when I see what you do here.

• BANE
    BANE

That´s ok poppers. I don´t believe ya though. Worldly people just don´t wander into a site like this. You have been welcomed huh? So you haven´t been called a dog in almost every post like Outlaw does to me? Not to mention other mockings? Well, then you probably are an apostate but not telling me the truth. If you tow the party line that the org is bad and apostates are good, chances are nothing will happen to you. Apostates love to gang up on others. Keep on watching my posts and you´ll see.

I haven´t acted in any way that the bible doesn´t give me power to. Jesus called the apostates vipers and snakes. I do the same. Are you saying I shouldn´t follow my lord? So there. I never want that point EVER AGAIN to be talked to of me because I just defeated it with a scriptural example. The sly apostate way has been pulled on me before but I always defeat it with that example and it drives the apostates crazy! HAHA...

If they WANT a WT free land to go and really just complain about every nook and cranny of the organization that is fine. But don´t sit here and call it Jehovah´s witness.net. That gives the LYINGLY implication that this site is for active witnesses. NOT apostates. I am saying go to another site or change the name of this one to reflect what it truly is. It is apostateland. NOTHING about Jehovah is here and nothing about his true witnesses are here. Therefore the website is MISLEADING. It is a lie. As a so-called innocent bystander you should feel that the name is very wrong right? If it´s an apostate site, call it what it is. Don´t pretend that it´s for active witnesses when it is not.

It is not bothering my conscience one bit. I follow the example of Jesus when it comes to apostates. I am kind to people that truly want to know the truth in the world. But if they are just trying to bait me to set me up for an apostate trap, I always see right through it and defend the truth.

I just point out that apostates mock. Have I been proven true by the members actions here? Yup. Do you find mockings and cruelty in the meetings of Jehovah´s witnesses? Nope. Oh, the oh so mighty false righteous apostates will tell you that every meeting is a mocking... But if you would actually investigate and quit wasting your time here poppers you would see but I doubt you will.

If I want to try out a restaurant I don´t go to that anti restaurant website do I? NO...I go to the freaking place and have a meal. If you are really worldly and not an apostate, that is what you are doing. You are going by other´s words about the restaurant instead of ordering the chicken sandwich to try it for yourself.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Have you tried talking to the owner of this site about your name change idea, Bane? There is only one owner and he's the only one who can change the name. Do you know who that is?

• yknot
    yknot

Howdy Bane.....

We haven't really met....

I think I asked you a question when you first joined....(but you never replied)

Anywho the other day I was reading over your postings and became concerned for you personally.

Being in a foreign assignment has it's pros and cons.....

Pro- you don't know anybody so you can really focus on your goal!

Con- you don't know anybody so you can start to feel lonely.

Is your assignment 'official' or you just packing up and going where the need is greater?

So if you ever just wanna talk......PM me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit