Questions for BANE, SCHOLAR, and All Jehovah's Witnesses!

by UnDisfellowshipped 203 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

BANE If you are more than a wind-up merchant and really take these matters seriously, I have a question for you.

What are you doing on a web site associating with people who are, by your definition, apostates?

Flee from the unclean thing! And may Jah the god of the Israelites succour you.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just wanted to say that if I were a Jehovah's Witness, I personally would consider this thread to be my "moment to shine," to let my light shine before others so they can glorify our Heavenly Father.

With all of the onlookers who are watching this thread, possibly including several current Jehovah's Witnesses who are having doubts or questions about these topics in this thread, I would think that a Witness of Jehovah would jump at the chance to give such a thorough witness to so many people at one time and one place.

After all, if you can provide well-reasoned, logical, clear, Scriptural answers to the questions at the top of this thread, then you might be able to convince a lot of people to become Jehovah's Witnesses, and help reassure and rescue those current Jehovah's Witnesses who are having doubts.

Think about that. You can have a part in being used by Jehovah to give a public witness for Him, to His glory and honor right here, right now.

Again, I do appreciate Alice's participation. Will any other Jehovah's Witnesses like to join this discussion?

• BANE
    BANE

If you truly have all the onlookers, then all of you could petition for the site named to be changed to something more suitable. I await your answer.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Someone already owns the domain name apostates.com

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Alice, thank you for your last post about the Governing Body not being the "sole channel of communication."

However, I just wanted to ask what the Watchtower Society meant when they published the following statements?:

The Watchtower, July 15th, 1960, Page 439:

How is this divine will to be made known and brought to the attention of the worthy multitudes of men of good will toward Jehovah? Again the awake world-watchman, the “slave” class, must undertake another world educational campaign following their restoration as witnesses after 1919. Such a global work has now been under way for more than forty years and is reaching its fruitful culmination. The facts show that during this time and up to the present hour the “slave” class has served as God’s sole collective channel for the flow of Biblical truth to men on earth. Just as the early Christian congregation collectively served as the channel of communication from heaven to earth, so in our time. (Eph. 3:10) Abundant spiritual food and amazing details as to the doing of God’s will have been flowing through this unique channel actually as a miraculous evidence of the operation of holy spirit. The present stature of the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses, numbering nearly a million ministers in 175 lands, gives eloquent testimony that it is not the product of human ingenuity. Rather, it is the product of holy spirit operating theocratically through a tested channel, influencing the lives of dedicated men and women in all walks of life.—Zech. 4:6.

The Watchtower, January 15th, 1966, Page 44:

Today the anointed spirit-begotten witnesses of Jehovah, comprising the “faithful and discreet slave,” serve as an earthly channel of communication for the great crowd of people who will survive Armageddon. These anointed witnesses along with the “great crowd” of companions form the modern-day Christian organization through which God’s spirit is in operation. (Matt. 24:45-51; Rev. 7:9-17) Never has God had more than one channel of communication at one time. Failure to recognize and associate with his anointed witnesses would certainly indicate that one is not in Jehovah God’s organization and under his spirit.

The Watchtower, October 1st, 1994, Page 8:

JESUS assured us that after his death and resurrection, he would raise up a “faithful and discreet slave” that would serve as his channel of communication. (Matthew 24:45-47) The apostle Paul identified this channel to the Ephesian Christians when he wrote that “there might be made known through the congregation the greatly diversified wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose that he formed in connection with the Christ, Jesus our Lord.” (Ephesians 3:10, 11) It was the congregation of anointed Christians, born at Pentecost 33 C.E., that was entrusted with the “things revealed.” (Deuteronomy 29:29) As a group, anointed Christians serve as the faithful and discreet slave. (Luke 12:42-44) Their appointed assignment from God is to provide spiritual understanding of the “things revealed.”

Even as Bible prophecy pointed forward to the Messiah, it also directs us to the close-knit body of anointed Christian Witnesses that now serve as the faithful and discreet slave. It helps us to understand the Word of God. All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.—John 6:68.

• bohm
    bohm

It looks like Bane has a new trolling tactic: demand the website the be renamed. Its good. its really good. Its arrogant, its insulting, its completely irrelevant and offtopic, its never going to happend and it contain sufficient hints at delusions of grandour and overall obnoxious retardedness that its allmost impossible to resist, especially in the light that some women has supposedly dumped him for being a PITA jehovahs witness.

Bane, i salute you! You have taken trolling to a new level!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Bane,

Why would we want to change the domain name anyway?

The stated purpose of this website is for ANYONE, including active faithful Jehovah's Witnesses to post and discuss ANYTHING related to Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watchtower Society, or the Bible.

Since that is the stated purpose of this website, why would anyone want to change the domain name?

This website welcomes ALL (who follow the website's rules), including active faithful Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as former members, and non-members.

I am just trying to ask whether or not you are breaking the Watchtower Society's rules for speaking to apostates and reading apostates' writings?

• Titus
    Titus

I just wanted to say that if I were a Jehovah's Witness, I personally would consider this thread to be my "moment to shine," to let my light shine before others so they can glorify our Heavenly Father.
    With all of the onlookers who are watching this thread, possibly including several current Jehovah's Witnesses who are having doubts or questions about these topics in this thread, I would think that a Witness of Jehovah would jump at the chance to give such a thorough witness to so many people at one time and one place.
    After all, if you can provide well-reasoned, logical, clear, Scriptural answers to the questions at the top of this thread, then you might be able to convince a lot of people to become Jehovah's Witnesses, and help reassure and rescue those current Jehovah's Witnesses who are having doubts.
    Think about that. You can have a part in being used by Jehovah to give a public witness for Him, to His glory and honor right here, right now.

Undisfellowshipped, I understand your logic. But you cannot put it into practice.

I give a public witness for Jehovah, in field service, not here.

If I present here what is holy for me, other posters always trample it under their feet and turn around and rip me open. (Matthew 7:6)

So....

I'll remain steadfast in my decision.

TITO

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice:

apostasy is a rebellion against God not an organization.

This is not what the JW's teach.

The Governing Body is not the sole channel of communication between God and mankind.

Neither is this.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Titus, Comrade Tito,

Again, I see where you are coming from, and I respect that decision. I can understand why you made that decision based on Matthew 7:6 since there probably would be some people who might try to "rip you open."

Perhaps, if you feel comfortable with it, and if you would like to, you could discuss my questions further at my e-mail address, [email protected] or send me a "Private Message"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit