New Generation understanding tied to Freddie Franz

by 5thGeneration 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Bane,

The brothers and sisters never looked for a date over the decades, the Organization did.

5th

• BANE
    BANE

5th, so you DO NOT consider the apostles as brothers to Witnesses? I certainly do. Oh yeah, DID THEY NOT come to Jesus AS A GROUP, already decided and had talked about it and you know...SET A DATE as to when Christ would return? Remember Matthew 24:3? They all had decided that it was going to be that date and asked Jesus about it. If the apostles can set a date and Jesus DID NOT judge them harshly, then I am VERY sure that Jesus brothers can STILL do it today and he will not judge them harshly either.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

BANE you are serving old geezers who under the banner of Jehovah make you imagine you are serving God. Delusion is a sad mental illness. GB are self appointed men just like any other false prophets that the bible spoke of, they speak what comes from them alone, force you to believe it and claim it's from Jehovah becauce "Jehovah and Jesus trust" WTS. Witnesses worship GB in a same way as Israel worshipped the golden calf which they called Jehovah and yet the bible speaks of God punishing these very ones. If there is Jehovah God, JWs will be the first ones to get punished. And if there is no God, you still punish yoursleves for being so insanely blind to your leaders cunnings that you are willing to let your kids die, discourage higher form of education as if pioneering is the best way to spend their lives and yet hypocrates who preach this BS don't pioneer themselves. lol

• pirata
    pirata
    Remember Matthew 24:3? They all had decided that it was going to be that date and asked Jesus about it.

What date? They simply asked Jesus when it was going to be. Jesus answered with signs to look for, not a date. He never told any of them to set dates. And he definitely did not tell them to speculate dates in order to find those who disagreed so that he could "cleanse" his people.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

An end-times evangelical religion with the key message of "the end is about to arrive and everybody is about to be destroyed except for a few" is dependent on dates in order to support that message.

Actually, nobody knows the day or the hour, the early disciples were taught - so that makes the core Witness teaching apostate to Jesus' teaching.

It's twisted JW thinking to say that ex-JW's leave because they are disappointed by dates coming and going. I am disappointed that the Organization is so focussed on dates.

• BANE
    BANE

Pirata, Yup. The apostles SET A DATE. 33 C.E. They were asking JEsus if it were true or not. Yet he didn´t chastise them for it.

HOW DOES ONE KEEP ON THE WATCH IN YOUR WORLD? By never talking about it? That is not keeping on the watch. 2Thess

So it is YOUR OWN FAULT. If you THINK the society set a date, which they didn´t do, it´s your own fault for being shaken from your reason.

Again, the apostles FOCUSED ON DATES TOO! Matthew 24:3 and Acts 1:6

OH! Lookie lookie! I posted the actual verse at 2 Thess 2:1,2 and NOW it is suddenly erased....HMMM....How did that happen?

Boy you apostates not ONLY hate the organization but you HATE the Bible too! WHY are my posts being edited? I only quoted the Bible, the most widely published book in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!

But yet someone erases it....You guys jump up and down about the org being restrictive...LOOK AT YOURSELVES!!!! YOU HAVE BANNED ME BEFORE AND NOW YOU EDIT MY POSTS! I love the hypocrisy here.

And now my letters are even small so no one can read them...

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

it is YOUR OWN FAULT. If you THINK the society set a date, which they didn´t do.

That statement is just plainly historically wrong.

Even intelligent JWs know it is.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bane.

Nobody erased your verse for you and you control the font size. You'll just have to get used to the forum software like everyone else had to.

Sometimes when you paste text, you also paste the formatting. I fix this by pasting into Notepad to get rid of the formatting, then copying from there.

Cheers

Chris

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, still blind to your cult I see.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Bane,

Let me help you a bit. Here's Matt 24:3

While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” NWT

Where do you see the apostles setting a date? They wanted a date and that's why they asked Jesus when the temple was going to be destroyed (see vs 2). Also, could you point out the scripture where the apostles strongly inferred a particular date and then accused anyone that questioned that date of apostacy?

2 Thes:1,2 " 1 However, brothers, respecting the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we request of YOU 2 not to be quickly shaken from YOUR reason nor to be excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. " NWT

I was a little kid during the 1975 era but I remember very clearly what happened and how people disregarded this counsel. The WTS encouraged through parts, as well as in articles, the frenzy. What they should have done was said " Jesus said at an hour we aren't expecting it, then end will come". They chose not to do so because as an end time religion, the purpose is to get folks to whipped into frenzied activity. At no time in the WTS history have they been able to acheive such growth as the run-up to 1975.

The new generation teaching is an effort to get some of that excitement back. Time will tell if it will work but the apathy problem is growing more noticable every day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit