New Generation understanding tied to Freddie Franz

by 5thGeneration 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

I think there's a lesson to be learned here:

--Don't try to discuss theology with anyone under sixteen

• zoiks
    zoiks

Issac, They published it. It´s called the BIBLE. I know you have never cracked open that book before but it´s in two places. Acts 1:6 and Matthew 24:3 They are in the new testament or the Greek scriptures if you will. Drop your crack pipe and go down and BUY a bible from the bookstore and find the verses yourself. I got slapped down JUST because you say so? Remember that you are the dumbest apostate around...you actually have to PROVE something first ok? I already did so It´s really YOU that got pimpslapped.

Bane...take a breath or two, dude. What I get from Isaac's post is that, while the disciples had wrong expectations at the time, they didn't do what the WTS has done - publish and distribute those expectations as fact and expect Jesus' other disciples to accept that as fact or be labeled weak, lacking in faith, or even apostate. Yes, the fact that they had wrong expectations was published - I get your point there.

When I first had doubts, I saw those verses and immediately made the parallel that you have made - both the early disciples and JWs have had wrong expectations. The difference, and I see it as a very big difference, is what they did with those expectations.

Now, off to lighter, friendlier thread

• BANE
    BANE

Zoiks, You did NOT have to go along with 1975 you know. That was your own choice. There are many still serving Jah and IN the organization that went through 75 unscathed.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Bane, I was not speaking of 1975 in particular. Interesting wording, though..."go along with 1975", almost as though maybe there was something to go along with. Hmm.

In any case, the subject that I was trying to comment on was your exchange with Isaac. Again, the early disciples were wrong with their expectations. Jesus corrected them, and the account was recorded.

The WTS is and has been wrong about a great many things. But the humility that Jesus' disciples showed, when corrected, is quite lacking. I got Isaac's point, and I suspect that you did, too. But...so much misdirection and subject-changing! You're all over the place, man!

• BANE
    BANE

Nope. In the Watchtower they did apologize for that 75 stuff. That right there is humility. Shall I post it for you? What else pray tell have they been wrong about?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Much. How about the 1914 generation? How about 1914? 1915? 1925? Organ transplants? Inserting jehovah 237 times into the NT. Blood- still wrong about that one! Most importantly they are wrong about who Jesus is.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Bane, I have seen the 'apology' for 1975. Again, I was not referring specifically to 1975. Isaac's list noted above is quite enough.

Take care... I'm off to bed!

• BANE
    BANE

They are not wrong about the 1914 or any other year. It´s a clarification. Who gives a crap about organ transplants? Jehovah SHOULD be in the NT. He is the author after all right? Or do you hate his name so much you want it out of there?

What does the Bible say about blood?

Christians

Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves [the governing body of the Christian congregation] have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)

So YOU are saying the Bible is wrong huh? Not surprising.

• tec
    tec

Who gives a crap about organ transplants?

I'm sure the people who lost loved ones give a crap. The people who died probably would give a crap too, if they hadn't died.

Tammy

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane said:

They are not wrong about the 1914 or any other year. It´s a clarification. Who gives a crap about organ transplants? Jehovah SHOULD be in the NT. He is the author after all right? Or do you hate his name so much you want it out of there?

My reply: Their own lit convicts them. Who cares about organ transplants? Those effected by the ban. Jehovah does not belong in the NT, verified by 5000+ manuscropits not containing it.

Bane said:

What does the Bible say about blood?

My reply: The Bible is right- you just do not understand it. Read the whole chapter boy. SImply asking the gentile to abstain from certain practices that are offensive to the jews, for the sake of peace. These are the SAME rules a alien residing in Israel had to adhere to in Israel's day. They are listed in Lev 17 & 18 and explained in detail there- in the same order listed in Acts. In Lev they are speaking of animal blood- not eating it. It is a proven fact a transfusion is not eating blood.

Christians

Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves [the governing body of the Christian congregation] have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)

So YOU are saying the Bible is wrong huh? Not surprising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit