New Generation understanding tied to Freddie Franz

by 5thGeneration 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

From that transcript I think they were just using F Franz's lifetime to illustrate the point...not that 1992 was the end of the line for their new 'generation'....hence the onces still alive now who were born in say....1923 and see those alive who were born and anointed much later fit the same bill....hence the generation can go on ad infinitum cos there will always be 'comtemporaries' on that basis....

Crock of sh*t in my opinion...

Loz x

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Now we might illustrate it this way, F.W. Franz was born in the year 1893, he was baptized in the year 1913,

Yes, Loz, I think you're right.

They're not saying it has anything to do with Franz, just using his life span to illustrate their point.

Although I still don't really get it.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I guess you missed my point.

Regardless of whether it's in print, Pierce said "those anointed after 1992 are not part of the Generation that will by no means pass away".

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

So...if they tried to make it less woo-woo, anyone children of anyone born after 1914 could still be that "generation"...?

A very challenging time period where strong faith was needed in order for them to remain in the secret place of the most high.

Uh...didn't Freddie expect to live to see the Nu System?

• StAnn
    StAnn

5thGen, wish you could ask Br. Pierce why he said that. It does seem strange and does seem tied to Franz's death.

Any chance you could get a clarification?

StAnn

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

StAnn,

Used to know some GB members and high-ups but those days are long gone. LOL

5th

• TD
    TD

Did you record the talk by any chance? I'd be curous to hear different versions.

(The speaker I heard didn't seem to know how to pronounce "Franz" and kept saying, "France")

• sherah
    sherah

This is me speculating, I know they used FF as an example to illustrate this Generation bs. So..

When does one become anointed, at baptism or when he/she gets an 'epiphany' as described in Rom 8:14-16? I don't know when Barr was baptized, but technically wouldn't he be part of the 2nd generation overlapping the 1st because at age one he certainly could not discern the sign of 1914.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The significance of Freddy is that he managed to live until he was 99. If he had lived till say 80 (special mightiness he would hav only gone on until 1973. People with exeptional life spans are not who you think of as the cohort of a generation. No wonder they use him as an exaple, it stretches the stretch.

S F

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The significance of Freddy is that he managed to live until he was 99. If he had lived till say 80 (special mightiness he would hav only gone on until 1973. People with exeptional life spans are not who you think of as the cohort of a generation. No wonder they use him as an exaple, it stretches the stretch.

S F

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit