New Generation understanding tied to Freddie Franz

by 5thGeneration 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sorry, not only repeated but illiterate.

SF

• yknot
    yknot

Additionally, I suggest reviewing the discourse JWF provided...... (ya know the one the WTS had yanked from YouTube!)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/193069/1/Try-again-DC-2010-Discourse-48

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Tying Fred Franz is WT cheesy way of adding legimitacy to the generation snafu. Imagine people hearing "Fred Franz" and then say ooooooohhhh

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I believe this part about Freddy Franz must be a word for word manuscript, because that sounds identical to the audio I listened to out of Arizona on a clip somebody posted.

-mentallyfree31-

• mind blown
    mind blown

Lozhasleft, after thinking about it for a bit....I too thought the same thing. The speaker does say....."let's say".....maybe using Franz as an example, and not using Franz as a reference point.......which goes back to....buying them more time.

GB's faithful friends (their attorney's) are experienced at double speak and grey areas. Their are a few different ways this new light can be interpreted with a way out..which has already been proven on other posts of speculation.....

• mind blown
    mind blown

Sorry about the large font......dunno what happened.......

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The first group was on hand in the year 1914 when the sign of Christ's presence first became observable."

OK, but what about the "original first group", the one that was on hand in 1874 when the first Bible Students clearly saw the sign of Christ's presence, and those who wrote to Russell around 1905 and asked if there might not be a mistake in his calculations, because in the light of the tough prevailing world conditions, they could not imagine how the world system could manage to make it thru to 1914, because surely the collapse must come before that time because everything was in upheaval? (As opposed to what is now said, that the world was such a quiet place before 1914.) Does that mean that those of the remnant who died prior to 1914 after all were not of the remnant?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

so stupid...doesn't make sense any more

• snowbird
    snowbird

Fred Franz was considered by some to be The Oracle - the Anointed One - in WT circles.

I believe they're slyly asking "if you so-called anointed ones aren't aware of that fact, then are you really anointed?"

So, this new and strange teaching accomplishes three things: reinforces 1914, deifies Fred Franz, discredits newly-anointeds!

I am scared of them!

Syl

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

TD-- I have an audio recording of that part of the DC talk. I can't figure out how to upload it to a share site, but I'd be happy to email it to you. Or if you can reccomend a share site, I'll upload it.

It's 7 mins and it's very similar to what's been quoted here. I agree with the previous posters, it must be in the outline. It could also be one of the completed manuscripted talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit