The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I weep for the children if these pompous showboaters are where they have to look for defense.

A cop that would publicize notes from a police report regarding an investigation into child molestation and brag about his/her bravado to a group of citizens?

My my, I wonder how the county prosecutor would feel about this, if this is truly a case that is being investigated to go to trial.

Surely, these police officers are showing no predetermined bias in their case that could be pointed to by a defense attorney.

Joel

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I posted this on page 4, but Simon must have missed it, as well as the skeptics did not stop posting. Oh well, Simon, I tried to stop them, but I guess you will just have to deactivate the whole bunch.

I just want it on the record that I believe "Danni's" story to be 100% TRUE, and I call on Simon to deactivate all you sceptical assholes for violating the New Rule that noone is allowed to comment on a thread discussing the "SilentLambs" issue unless their comments are 100% supportive of whatever is posted.
  • teejay
    teejay

Danni,

I intend for this to be my last comment on this topic.

I want you to know that I have the utmost respect for you as a person and what it was that motivated you to do what you and Darryl did. I don't have the slightest question that you did what you did for the sake of children. There is no doubt that there are several people within the ranks of the Watchtower Society that need to get off their asses and become less concerned w/ covering the WTS butt and more concerned about doing what's right as you are in this very area. If I were there and could meet you I'd probably kiss your hand.

I am able to look at what you did as something done for my daughter, speaking for her when I'm not able, and for that I'm powerfully moved. In that regard, you don't need for me to say that there are many others here who totally agree with what you did. I just don't see what happened in a black/white context with you and Darryl being totally right and the WTS totally wrong. I can respect the viewpoint of others that differs from mine. I hope others will do the same for me.

Take care,
    tj

• Helen
    Helen

WOW........WAY TO GO!

I am impressed Danni,sending a BIG HUG!!!!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I want to go on the record for agreeing with Teejay's last statement as well. I really don't hold any grudges against Danni but what bothers me more is where does the ex-JW community draw the line?

Are you going into Kingdom Halls next and beat up elders? Are you going to burn down their Kingdom Halls? Are you going to sic your dog on them when they knock at your door? You need some therapy bad if you think you are justified in doing anything like this.

Yes, they did abuse people, likely even you. Maybe you got beatup routinely by your JW parents as I did when growing up. Yes, many of them do get on a power trip and abuse it. Yes, their religion is life-negative and the God they worship solves problems by murdering anyone who doesn't like him....ARE YOU ANY BETTER?

I hope you are. I think that nearly everyone on this board is. Yes we might have fantasies about revenge for what happened to us but we need to collectively draw a line in the sand about what is going too far.

I personally don't feel any remorse for showing disrespect for their organization. However I don't single out individuals for the same treatment unless I know personally they are scumbags as well. I think you need to be aware of the innocent bystanders of even your vocal attacks. Just as a bullet can easily pass through the walls of a home and into another home and kill a person, our words directed towards someone can miss their target and end up hurting someone we didn't intend to. If you want to protest, get a sign and picket an assembly or Kingdom Hall...you have a right to peaceful demonstration. But don't go pushing little old ladies out into traffic, drop kicking puppies, or scaring kids. Got it?

Just remember your best revenge is to be better than they are. Take the moral high ground. Do things that really count for making a better world instead of just bitching and moaning like everyone else. Help others see the crap the Borg dishes out. Encourage one another and stop with your damn grudges and flame wars and worse. Get therapy, get your shit together, and move on with your life!

Okay, I will get off my little stand and end this speech now but just remember if you are part of the problem you are not helping the solution.

Skipper

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Hey Danni

Wow !

Just skimmed through - sorry if I missed some details. Looks to me as if the JW’s were prepared for you (number of elders there, WT legal present on speakerphone). You’re probably on WT legal tape. The gag order doesn’t surprise. Some years ago here, Children Services began an investigation, WT legal flew in, and a few days later CS sent an apology over how their investigation was handled. The case was dropped (don’t know particulars). Lately Dateline starts filming a show and seems to have dropped the ball.... coincidence ? or WT legal threats ?

Anyway, IMHO if you’re going further, your will need some heavy press support with deep legal pockets.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Dear clueless people.

A person became interested in what JW's believe via a personal interest in one of JW's.

She ck'd it out, utilizing both the resources provided by the person she was interested in, and the internet.

She was invited to come to the KH to meet with elders when a couple visited her at her door and were put off by her questions. Those questions were long on some of the more outrageous tenets and actions of JWism, and short on "is god really part of a trinity?" etc.

The meeting did not go well.

The interested person happens to be a police officer.

Her being a police officer colored the way the JW's treated her, and no doubt, the way she treated them.

So what?

Shit happens.

Doesn't mean it was wrong to have the interview, or wrong to ask the questions they asked. Could all have kept their cool better?

Maybe. So what?

Why are we even talking about drawing lines, Mindchild? Do you see anything other than real life taking place in all its messy glory in the scenario above? It's easy to write flowery criticisms of this event, but realize that this was not a scripted movie or play, and the JW's involved, and in fact the JW organization, is far more responsible for the way things went than Danni or her partner. After all, they have the truth.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Mindchild,

I would not in any way do any violence to a JW or damage their property. I want to be very clear on that.

If you look at the other side of the story, how many on this board do you think would be alive today if the JWs were permitted, or could get by with stoning? Most of us would get stoned! (no joke intended)

I have demonstrated at New York and a variety of other places. You might be surprised at the conduct of SOME JWs when they are in the majority.

If your family were being held by terrorists and being brainwashed into becoming one of them, or staying one of them, would you be upset? I use language, literature, protests, and whatever I can to jar the thinking of JWs, at least that is what I hope to do.

Because I am a Christian I believe my family are in grave danger. Danger not only today but for eternity. I believe the Watchtower Society is costing my loved ones their eternal life.

I am angry about that, and do not apologize for that anger. I really don't think you do either.

I agree with your statement that the best revenge is to be better than they are, and I am. Whatever I may say here, or in other writings, I am kind and considerate to every JW. The JWs are not. I am very happy, this year my son and I had our first Christmas celebration together. Many JWs wished they could celebrate, they couldn't.

I could make this post very long, but I will stop now.

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • TR
    TR

Yadirf is full of shit. He threatened to call a police officer I spoke with on a pedophile issue I brought up. I posted the officer's name, dept. and phone number.

Remember Yadirf? Look it up, pal.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• TR
    TR

I agree with SixofNine.

By the way, folks, what does it matter if Danni embellished her story or not? Hey! "Theocratic Warefare" Does that ring a bell, people? LOL!

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit