Watchtower suppresses critical video

by besty 113 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They really load up the DC talk with cultish propaganda like how JWS have continued to enter god's

wonderful light. Its like they are starting to be aware of the general population's knowledge about all their

commercialized corrupt bullshitting they've sold through the past. The language they use is heavily loaded

with misleading self sanctification, this carries through with their marketing strategy.

In the up and coming video by them you can bet they will skim over the WTS. lies and deceptions like 1975

in the video.

Whats with the cults now days seems like they all are putting out DVDs in some form ( Mormons, Scientologists )

must be the potential mark up value.

How much cash are they going to make at the assemblies this summer on this DVD, answer = alot $$$

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Damn! How can you be a publishing company, That gives away its literature FOR FREE because you are engaging in the greatest teaching work in the history of mankind...But yet anyone who broadcast your EXACT words is penalized?!?

When the apostles came to Jesus asking him to reprimand someone who was casting out demons in his name, Jesus told them to let him be for he that is not against you is for you?!? How about actually reading some of the scriptures that advocate mercy and love, than sticking to the heavy handed pharisaic tactics!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

question for anybody in the know. Who would have access to this outline to leak it online? The farthest I got up the theocratic ladder was adjusting mics at the circuit assemblies and a demo plus an interview on a district convention. Who would have the "security clearance" to an outline that is only to be delivered by GB members? The only cats I could think of would be an actual GB member, a CO possibly, and a heavy on the Writing Department. Anybody else I might be missing? Maybe a stage hand with a good camera phone?

• agonus
    agonus

"an outline that is only to be delivered by GB members"

ONLY GB members? Are you sure?

Damn, if that's the case, then there's some high-level sabotage goin' on...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Agonus, I thought that whats I read on that outline, maybe I misread it, I could very well be wrong.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Here's the link where the thread contained the outline. The Mediafire link is down now. The threadstarter stated the outline was to be delivered by GB members or Branch Committee members.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/193069/1/Try-again-DC-2010-Discourse-48

I am completely fascinated by this turn of events. Its somewhat intriguing as a born in who was too young to appreciate 1975, or the Ray Franz era. This is really going to be interesting to see how the next few years play out. Hopefully I don't lose my head trying to stick with this cancer of a religion by then.

• agonus
    agonus

The WT COULD NOT survive another Ray Franz with the advent of the Internet. Not "survive" as in maintain any kind of meaningful numbers.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What video/DVD I'd like to see put out by WTS. is " A Hundred years of Righteous Bullshitting "

Or " Marketing Strategy for a Religious Publishing Company, Dos and Don'ts "

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It would be fatal if one of the current GB "made a play." I feel like a giddy school girl with all of this. This is the first time in my life I've ever seen the WT flex its muscle a little bit. I mean on one hand its overwhelmingly corny on their part to supress this video, but at the same time fascinating. Its like witnessing the scene with The Emporor in Star Wars when he said, "now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!" The youtubers with the said video are like Lando when he said, " that blast came from the Death Star! That thing's operational!"

I know I'm getting ahead of myself. Forgive me.

• booby
    booby

some have said that they (gb) say you can't record the talks. Not what they have said. they are trying to control the way they are used. they would look foolish if they insisted on no copying of the material for poor sister sickly that can't make it to the assembly. but they have said not to distribute them. as a sidenote I follow a yahoo group that is witnesses and the resistance to being controlled by this admonition from the gb is strong. a big part of this group is the making available talks from all sources (circuit ass, district ass, public talks) and basically they are refusing to accept that the admonition includes what they are doing/ I am surprise that I have not seen a message that they have been ordered to cease and desist, but apparently to this date it hasn't happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit