Watchtower suppresses critical video

by besty 113 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The contents of this manuscript talk will appear in the WT eventually in much the same, if not the exact same, form. Right now they don't want people thinking that they can get the info from the DC at home on their computers. They want them to come to the DC. Attendance is at an all time low and this doesn't help the cause. I understand them putting the Kabosh on the video. In time they won't care because the boasting session will be over. They have really shown themselves to be paranoid.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Before I was removed as an elder Dec 2006, I was a public talk coordinator in the congo. Yes, the public talks now come with a © notice on the bottom of each page.

I applaud and support V's videos and hope V continues to expose WTBT&S for what it is: a business and a cult masquerading as a religion. (As a side note, I dont think any religion should receive tax-exempt status for anything other than services that would otherwise be provided for by the government.)

However, V may have to be careful on that particular video because, from what I remember, that is an actual scan of the outline. I don't remember if the outline had the copyright symbol on it or not or if it was a pre-production copy that was leaked. You can be certain that WT is going to be more diligent about this going forward. If so, then pictures, videos, etc of them will be infringement... and not subject to "Fair Use" exemptions. Now, if someone were to take detailed notes and transcribe them....well...maybe that is a way around it.

Now, commentary on said outline...well...that is always open... so just take out the copy of the outline and voila.... back in business... but make sure that in its place they put a copy of the YouTube notification of the WT request for removal... maybe it will start putting seeds of doubt in the minds of the JWs that are obviously looking at non-WT sanctioned videos...

Snakes (Rich )

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What it may come down to it, the manuscript was in their eyes something that was legally covered by copyright laws

and no one had their consent to reveal it openly to the public.

Perhaps only a lawyer whose knowledgeable about American copyright laws would have a clearer answer.

The technical point being that it was a manuscript.

• Terry
    Terry

Let me see if I can remember something from the scriptures about a fellow named Jesus who was talking about his own religion......

This fellow was holding certain people up to ridicule publicly.........

Lemme see....what happened next?

Didn't those religious leaders complain and try to shut Jesus down and even seek out help from the authorities to silence Jesus?

Yes, I think that is what happened.

The religious authorities in Judaism had every legal right to silence Jesus and even have him arrested! They accused him of being a blasphemer.

I should think the Watchtower leaders would be very proud of themselves being on the right side of such a controversy!

But-WAIT!

Aren't they being fed information from Jesus himself right now?

Oh, man....am I confused!!

Why is Jesus using the Watchtower Society to do the same censoring of critics that he himself suffered at the hands of the Pharisees?

Isn't Jesus being a hypocrite??

Or....

is it possible......

the Governing Body isn't representing JESUS at all!

Is it possible they are on the side of the latter day PHARISEES?!

GOSH!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Your right Terry, they are on the side of the latter day Phari$ee$

and have been all along

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The cat's now out of the bag… as of this weekend the talk has been given publicly. Invitations were extended to the public.

I almost want to get gussied-up in a frumpy-frock, blend in at the Assemblies, and fake a histrionic Fred G. Sanford "big one" when they announce that the "generation" now "comprises two groups."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwM5KpoPPrg
    ~Sue

Jehovah's Witnesses' conventions begin today
    Friday, May 21, 2010
    Clifton Journal

CLIFTON — More than 50,000 Jehovah's Witnesses from the metropolitan area, including those from Clifton and Passaic will come to the Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Jersey City over 16 consecutive weekends for a 3-day event focusing on finding reliable direction and guidance from God's word the Bible.

According to Clifton resident, Jay Chosy, news service overseer for the first convention, Jehovah's Witnesses will host their annual conclave at the Assembly Hall at 2932 Kennedy Boulevard in Journal Square with the first convention beginning Friday, May 21. The venue was built in 1928 as the Stanley Theatre.

The 2010 convention theme is "Remain Close to Jehovah!" The program will focus on how reliable guidance can be found in the Bible to face the challenges of life. Many area residents will be featured in the talks, demonstrations, and interviews.

During the weekend of June 18 to 20, the convention presented that weekend will also include area residents on the program. Howard Carroll of the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and news service overseer for June 18 to 20 said that witnesses associated in the greater Clifton area anticipate an excellent turnout for this year's event based on the enthusiastic response to last year's convention. Witnesses look forward to welcoming many non-Witnesses to the convention as a result of the invitations that were and will be distributed three weeks prior to each 3-day program.

Some highlights of the three day program include the following:

Friday's program will feature a series of talks and interviews on how families can benefit from effective communication with each other especially in times of stress and challenges.

Saturday's program will provide much instruction on how to assist others to learn Bible truth as well as practical advice to avoid spiritual distractions. A feature of most Witness conventions, the baptism of new ministers will take place at noon on Saturday following a scriptural talk on dedication and baptism.

Three highlights of the program on Sunday will be the public talk "How Can You Draw Close to God?" which will be given on Sunday morning and the full costume Bible drama on Sunday afternoon that is set in the first century. It is about the flight from Jerusalem and is titled "Walk by Faith and Not be Sight." Following the drama, the convention will conclude with the talk, "Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High."

Jerrold Sameth, a Clifton resident, who will serve as program overseer for the June 18 to 20 convention noted that the program will begin each day at 9:20 a.m. and conclude at 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 3:40 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is free and no collections will be taken.

A peak attendance of 3,700 is expected for both the May 21 to 23 and June 18 to 20 conventions.

• Scott77
    Scott77

This media PR article is full of bullshit. Its nothing other than propaganda.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Quoted from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office web site:

Although copyright in a work exists automatically when an original work is created, a certificate of registration is evidence that your creation is protected by copyright and that you, the person registered, are the owner. It can be used in court as evidence of ownership.

Notice that copyright of work exists automatically when an original work is created. Registration is advisable for protection, though not mandatory. I'm sure the WTS doesn't register every document they produce, but they could easily bury someone in legal costs if it ever went to court.

W

• Scott77
    Scott77
    When is my work protected?
    Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
    Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
    No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”
    Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?
    Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration” and Circular 38b, Highlights of Copyright Amendments Contained in the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), on non-U.S. works.
    Obtained at http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

The above is part of copyright law as it affects the United States.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High."

Kind of brings some relevance to the members only Watchtower and no tape recordings of talks, doesn't it.

Was the message and the word of god suppose to secretive, well the WTS. now seems to think so.

The WTS. is getting more and more secretive as time rolls on, consequences of living in the information age I guess,

something the WTS. didn't have to be concerned about in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit