Calling Perry Out (and any others who want to participate)

by OnTheWayOut 150 Replies latest members adult

• The Finger
    The Finger

leavingwt,

I don't need a translator

• undercover
    undercover
    Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Saddam, all are living 'God's image' aren't they?
    I don't think these people had the mind of Christ.

Which brings up another question...

If one believes in the trinity, how does one explain the teachings of Christ compared to his earlier (the Hebrew God version of himself) ruthlessness and violence?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

See guys, that is the issue isn't it?

We can't turn a blind eye to what we see as "wrong" or "injustice" even IF God is the one doing it, actually, ESPECIALLY if God is doing it.

See, as humans we can't be better than our creator, can we?

Yet, WE know that God, if he caused the flood for example, could have done better.

Now I am NOT talking about creating a better world or even changing the hearts of the Hebrews from sadistic shits, nope, I am speaking of the one clear event that the bible says "God did it and only he coudl have done it", the Flood.

And if WE can see that God coudl have doneit a bunch of BETTER ways....well, what does that say?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I don't need a translator

Regrettably, IMHO, God does.

• The Finger
    The Finger

undercover,

God cannot be unholy as we are. He provided his son. Without him he is the same God. A consuming fire.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    .well, what does that say?

You've lost me. Please tell us.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When you know, let me know !

LOL !

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    When you know, let me know !
    LOL !

I have reached conclusions that are satisfactory to me. They are simple.

1. I Don't Know (with a light sprinkle of I don't care)

2. $hit Happens

That covers almost everything, in the same way that the Golden Rule sums up Christianity for non-Fundamentalists.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My view, the view of a Christian trying to reconcile the Father of Jesus with the OT YHWH:

The flood was a horrific event in a broad area, an event that killed many people and flooded "the world".

Ancient man, with his faith in God, needed to understand why so few lived and so many died.

Here comes the flood story, along with morals for a future generation.

God didn't cause the flood, just like he didn't cause earthquakes. tsumanis and hurricanes that can kill many, many people.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PSac -- You need more faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit