Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Issac- I SAID it was just a PART, too!

Of COURSE 'Grace' was preached- but THAT is not what the Kingdom is.

Take up your arguement with Christ...

• Twitch
    Twitch

Troll

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have no argument with Christ MadJW.

Please elaborate more fully on what you think I am missing.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

He doesn't think he needs God's grace. He's gonna earn the kingdom, he thinks he deserves it now.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, than I would be interested in how he explains away Romans 4:1-5, and Colossians 2, the first 10 or so verses.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

Here's another he needs to explain.

MadJW said:

Jesus said it would be the Good News of the KINGDOM that his followers would preach.
    Not 'grace', nor the Personal Savior incantation. Yhose are just PARTS of the Good News!

Paul says: Act 20:24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.

I'm also waiting on this question?

MadJW

Mad: How many 'parts' have you been taught he has????

According to Luke 12:4, at least 2, Body and Soul. So, if Jesus was an angel in heaven and was just a man on earth (as the JWs claim), what part of the angel came down?

• Violia
    Violia

I know this is a serious thread and my reference here to a movie is not intended to be dismissive- saying this upfront.

I saw " what dreams may come" ( 1998) Robin Williams. In it both of them die but the wifte had commited suicide so she was assigned to hell. Hell was not the hellfire version but more of what has been mentioned in this thread as of her own making, and a cutting off from God that she did herself. Robin Williams loves her so much he goes into hell to get her out or stay with her. She got out of hell by forgiving herself and wanting out. This sorts of fits with the willful separation idea from God idea.

I think there is life after death. I believe our lifeforce, energy- just transferes to another form. I think it is quite possible a person could himself seperate himself from God. In a way that is what JWS do when they DF you. They tell you that if it was in the time of the Bible they could stone you to death but since the law prevents them the most they can do is cut you off from association with all the good decent JWS. Yolu are dead to them and in a sense have sent you to hell. You are cut off, and it is painful and you do feel tormented day and night, esp if you have lost your family .

I in no way thiink the helllifre idea can be true, but I do think that the idea of being cut off from others or God is quite possible. Recall Cain and Able, Cain was banished, cut off from all others. Sort of in hell.

Just some thoughts.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

NOTHING needs to be explained.

You oviously ignore what Christ SAID:

Matt 24: 14- And this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Yes well we only have the word of those who assembled the Bible for that don't we lol

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

LOLOLOLO! At least your excuses are entertaining!

Even your country kills people in war.

So will Christ; DEAL with it!

Oh, yeah- your ARE...with cheap diversions. sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit