Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Abraham was justified by faith, there was no law nor any rules to follow, He Had faith in God, even if he didn't totally understand all that God told him.

Abe "work" was his faith and from that faith, came his obedience to God.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Correct PSac, and Romans chapter 4 speaks of Abraham to, stating that if his works did justify him it was not before God.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

" This verse seems to indicate that "the body" ( so¯ma) and "the soul" ( psuche¯) are separate, even using the word "both" ( kai) to distinguish between the two ."

Mad: SEEMS to, only when thinking in churchese. The "Soul" is not some kind of spirit thing that is us in a physical body; man BECAME a living soul when God breathed life into him. God's spirit thru the physical body enabled OUR spirit (remember how God's bears witness to ours?). So the body dies, as well as the lifeforce that is "Our" spirit. God's spirit returns to him, We then not only die- but will never be resurrected. It is the SECOND Death- with no ransom to deliver.

"I've been teaching simple faith in the good news Christ gave the criminal"

Mad: What Good News was that?

Luke 23: 40- But the other answered, and rebuking him said, Dost thou not even fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said, Jesus, remember me when thou comest in thy kingdom.

43 And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in Paradise.

(Or "Truly I tell you here and now- you WILL be with me in paradise!" No commas in Koine Greek)

Did Jesus tell him about his sacrifice, or soon resurrection, or what God would do at the Appointed Time? What 'gospel' did Jesus tell this man? That he would be resurrected and would be with Jesus? YES! That WAS good news to that thief; to be forgiven and to have his approval!

Is THAT the 'good news' you preach? You forgive sin, too? You will be resurrecting people too?

What escapism.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

What escapism.

What's the matter? Is the Grace of God too good for you?

Is THAT the 'good news' you preach? You forgive sin, too? You will be resurrecting people too?

Wow! You sound just like the Pharisees.

Luk 5:20

And when he saw their faith, he said, "Man, your sins are forgiven you." 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?" 22 When Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answered them, "Why do you question in your hearts? 23Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'? 24But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he said to the man who was paralyzed--"I say to you, rise, pick up your bed and go home."

Yes, that is the good news I preach. Jesus forgives sin and ressurects people.

"Why do you question in your heart?"

Mad: SEEMS to, only when thinking in churchese. The "Soul" is not some kind of spirit thing that is us in a physical body; man BECAME a living soul when God breathed life into him. God's spirit thru the physical body enabled OUR spirit (remember how God's bears witness to ours?). So the body dies, as well as the lifeforce that is "Our" spirit. God's spirit returns to him, We then not only die- but will never be resurrected. It is the SECOND Death- with no ransom to deliver.

Luk 12:4

"I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do.

Let me get this straight. So there are people who can just kill the body, without killing the lifeforce? How does that happen? What does that look like?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WHen people start making up names and terms to insult others, that in of itself shows how shaky their arguments are.

Seriously "Churchoids", "churchese"?

Dude, you need to get laid, seriously.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Referring to ridiculous suppositions and conclusions as "Escapism" is insulting?

Being so gullible is FAR more insulting...

DD claims to preach the same 'gospel' Christ relayed to the thief.

Escapism; there are no details of all Christ may have explained to that thief.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

Luk 12:4

"I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do.

Let me get this straight. So there are people who can just kill the body, without killing the lifeforce? How does that happen? What does that look like?

Are you just going to call me names and insults or answer the questions?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mad

When Jesus (in John 6) said: "I am the bread of life that came down from heaven."

What part of Jesus actually came down?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

DD claims to preach the same 'gospel' Christ relayed to the thief.
    Escapism; there are no details of all Christ may have explained to that thief.

Why do you insult the grace of God, by calling it "Escapism"?

I don't need all the details. All I know is that the thief recieved a "FIRM PROMISE" to be in paradise without doing any works (unlike the JWs).

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mad: Men can kill us- but can't stop Christ from resurrecting us; that is why Christ referred to the dead as "sleeping". For example. they killed the Apostle Paul...but only temporairly- for he WILL live again! After all, Christ can and WILL EASILY re-form the body, and add his God and Father's spirit to it, so that Paul will onec AGAIN become a Living Soul!

Satan LIED; we all DO die...and thanks to our Lord will be resurrected at the Appointed Time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit