Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadJW, you do realize that even though you espouse the main doctrines of the organization your words and attitudes toward it border on what the org calls apostasy?

That aside, what turths do you feel the org promulgates? I will not have any time to look at your answer today unfortunately.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

No prob, Issac: I'm doing this when slurpin coffee!

It IS borderline 'apostacy' - to the Org, NOT to God!

The Truths; Who the Real God, Christ are, and what the holy spirit, daeth, soul, resurrection, Kingdom, purposes of God, morality, etc are.

The Baloney; The FDS= that small group of Brothers at the WTBS, and some of their opinion on some of the prohecies.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

There are NO COMMAS in the Greek.
    Thus, in view of the REST of the Bible, not to mention the REST of Jesus' teaching, the 'comma' should go after "today"- "Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise!" Or, in today's lingo "I tell you here and now..." In other words a FIRM PROMISE.
    Also, Jesus WASN'T in paradise that day- HE WAS DEAD, DEAD, DEAD...FOR 3 DAYS!
    STOP thinking in churchese!

Why would Jesus give such a "FIRM PROMISE" to such a person who was a disgrace to God and never did any good works or went to meetings? He even admitted he deserved what he was getting.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Truths; Who the Real God, Christ are, and what the holy spirit, daeth, soul, resurrection, Kingdom, purposes of God, morality, etc are.

Sorry Mad these are all myths and fantasy.

• shamus100
    shamus100

MadJW,

Until you come and kiss the monkey, you will never understand.

• poppers
    poppers

The way I look at it is like this: As long as I am finding favor in God's eyes, I have nothing to fear.

Just curious Lady Liberty, how do you know you are finding favor in God's eyes?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

DD:"Why would Jesus give such a "FIRM PROMISE" to such a person who was a disgrace to God and never did any good works or went to meetings? He even admitted he deserved what he was getting."

Mad: No details were given- so we can only GUESS! Christ judges according to the HEART, the thief WAS getting what he deserved ( I THINK!), and since he recognized- and ACCEPTED Christ, Jesus had the RIGHT to make that call.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

MadJW,

Until you come and kiss the monkey, you will never understand

I know I am gonna regret this but isn't that a picture of an ape?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

Mad: No details were given- so we can only GUESS! Christ judges according to the HEART, the thief WAS getting what he deserved ( I THINK!), and since he recognized- and ACCEPTED Christ, Jesus had the RIGHT to make that call.

I agree.

So if that's true, why does one need the JWs or any other official group?

If Jesus is the one who has "the RIGHT to make that call", why worry about an org? Can't I appeal directly to him, just like the criminal in Luke 23?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Kiss me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit