Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Kiss me!

Was that invitation aimed at me you saucy monkey?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

What is the "heh" after every statement?

It reminds me of a panting dog.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

DD:"I agree.So if that's true, why does one need the JWs or any other official group? If Jesus is the one who has "the RIGHT to make that call", why worry about an org? Can't I appeal directly to him, just like the criminal in Luke 23?"

Mad: Yes- you CAN, then will WANT to join your brothers in the worldwide preaching work commanded BY Christ!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Palm. if "heh" bothers you- wouldn't ha-ha, ho-ho...or hee-hee?

heh

• shamus100
    shamus100

Kiss me!

No, at madJW. Seems a pity he's so gosh-darned mad....

You can kiss me too...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

The way I look at it is like this: As long as I am finding favor in God's eyes, I have nothing to fear.

Just curious Lady Liberty, how do you know you are finding favor in God's eyes?

Poppers,

I will only know for sure when my life is over and I am standing before God and his Son. However based on what Jesus said, I feel confident...as Jesus said you had to have Faith and Love for salvation. I try to live by those two things, and I am confident in his promise. Jesus knows I am imperfect, but he can also read my heart...and that's where my faith comes in. Too..over and over I have had my prayers answered...which confirms to me I am finding God's favor. But again..who ever KNOWS for sure...but I am comforted in his promise.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I kiss second to no man lol

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW No details were given- so we can only GUESS! Christ judges according to the HEART, the thief WAS getting what he deserved ( I THINK!), and since he recognized- and ACCEPTED Christ, Jesus had the RIGHT to make that call.

No need to guess, the bible tells us loud and clear :)

Ephesians 2:8 (New International Version)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Again here

Ephesians 2:4-7 (New International Version)

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

And here

Romans 4:16 (New International Version)

16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.

And here

Titus 3:4-7 (New International Version)

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Blessings,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok MadjW,...I am jumping back in here..sipping my coffee LOL

I am actually staqrting to enjoy dialogging with you.

You and DD said:

DD:"I agree.So if that's true, why does one need the JWs or any other official group? If Jesus is the one who has "the RIGHT to make that call", why worry about an org? Can't I appeal directly to him, just like the criminal in Luke 23?"

Mad: Yes- you CAN, then will WANT to join your brothers in the worldwide preaching work commanded BY Christ!

My reply: Would I be summing it up correctly than that you are pretty much saying the JWs have the right position on hellfire/Trinity/immortality of the soul/who Jesus is...and one does not NEED the org to serve God but one who espouses these teachings would naturally be drawn to the organization to assist in preaching?

I guess my question off of this then becomes what is the basis for saying that the JWs are engaged in the preaching work Jesus commanded? Much of their preaching has been based off of the end coming so soon, stemming from some of their imterpretation of prophecy- which you did admit were goofy in some cases. What message did Paul preach?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Deputy DOg check your pm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit