Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

Mad: Yes- you CAN, then will WANT to join your brothers in the worldwide preaching work commanded BY Christ!

Brothers? Who are my "brothers"?

I've never heard of, or seen any JWs with any faith in that "FIRM PROMISE" you were speaking of. They all put their faith in the "works" or "preaching" they do, unlike the criminal in Luke 23.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks, Isaac-likewise!

Jesus said the Good News of the KINGDOM would be preached worldwide before the End comes.

To my knowledge we are the only ones who know what the Kingdom IS! (I have been meeting clergy and church people for over 30 years)

Thus I feel that one who comes to know the Truth will WANT to join those that also do- and OBEY Christ's command.

Doesn't make us better, doesn't "save" us- it's something one WANTS to do when loving God & Christ...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Kiss me!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

DD, you'd better give up the judge robes. Sure we have churchoids, too- but are NOT the majority that I have seen!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

DD, you'd better give up the judge robes.

Sorry, but I'm just being honest. No judge robes here, I hope you're right. They ALWAYS admit this to me. I've never met a JW who puts complete faith in the "FIRM PROMISE" you refer to. Are you saying you are different?

Is it true that JWs are just like the criminal in Luke 23? I've also, never seen where they teach works are not nessessary. Could you provide some WT quotes?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Growing up in the JWs, it seemed to be taught (and accepted by JWs) that they have the opportunity to live forever in paradise earth- ths way being by God's underserved kindness in sending His Son. The JW HOPES that by doing his best to go to meetings, support the Society's endeavors, and most of all by preaching the JW message IN THE WAY PRESCRIBED BY THE ORG (door to door) Jehovah will feel that they have done enough and grant them everlasting life.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

That's almost word for word what they tell me. Faith in the "FIRM PROMISE" that Jesus gives to the criminal (that Mad speaks of), doesn't even get mentioned.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Deputy Dog,

Yet Romans (11??) makes it clear that grace mixed with works is no longer grace, or undeserved kindness. The 2 are mutually exclusive, the same as one's paycheck is not grace, it is earned. The second you try to do enough to be counted worthy you have fallen from grace. That criminal next to Jesus did no works but simply believed and was assured his place by Jesus. Abraham was counted righteous by God for believing...long before Isaac was even born. Abraham's works, spoken of in James 2 justified him before man...Romans 4 makes that clear. No one can be justifed before God by works.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Some of us MAY have too much faith in the WTBS ( I have none; I observe and consider what they say, comparing it critically with scripture- thus see the flaws & mistakes), but ALL of us have faith in Jehovah & Christ. Faith WITHOUT works is....DEAD.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

MadJW

but ALL of us have faith in Jehovah & Christ. Faith WITHOUT works is....DEAD.

Works always come after faith or as a result of faith, but, works do not save.

If you have faith in the "FIRM PROMISE" of Christ, works may come as a result, they will not save you, though they may confirm your faith to some.

Some of us MAY have too much faith in the WTBS ( I have none; I observe and consider what they say, comparing it critically with scripture- thus see the flaws & mistakes),

Speaking of "flaws & mistakes" The WT butchers this passage.

You talked about the one who has "the RIGHT to make that call". In Luke 12 Jesus talks about the one who has the right to make this call:

Luke 12:4 Moreover, I say to YOU, my friends, Do not fear those who kill the body and after this are not able to do anything more. 5 But I will indicate to YOU whom to fear: Fear him who after killing has authority to throw into Ge·hen'na. Yes, I tell YOU, fear this One. NWT

If someone is already dead (and the dead have no soul as the WT teaches), why should they fear being thrown into fiery Gehenna? Should you/we be afraid of being cremated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit