Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

PSacramento When the HS comes upon us, we are to be WITNESSES FOR JESUS.

Clearly JW's are not empowered by the Holy Spirit, QED.

Blessings,

Stephen

• just a reader
    just a reader

Ecclesiastes 12:12 is a scripture which I think has been ignored. It basically tells us that the scriptures are all we need, anything beyond it is not necessary. Jehovahs Witnesses expect you to study so many books and it can wear you out.

New International Version(©1984)
    Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

New Living Translation(©2007)
    But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out.

English Standard Version(©2001)
    My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

New American Standard Bible(©1995)
    But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.

GOD'S WORD® Translation(©1995)
    Be warned, my children, against anything more than these. People never stop writing books. Too much studying will wear out your body.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good one, just a reader.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

some great points

• not a captive
    not a captive

TTWSYF,

It is the formula that is forced down my throat; I have no problem with the scriptures. The scriptures do so abundantly speak of our salvation through Christ Jesus, and the activities of the H/holy S/spirit and Jehovah's relationship to Jesus. The deity of Jesus' origin is not in doubt. The Holy Spirit works without any hang-up about being a person. So why the formula?

It is undeniable that Jesus came down from his Father in heaven and that he had a life before he came to earth. It is so obvious that the word theos is used in connection with Jesus that it is impossible to say that Jesus is not of G/god. But the demand that rose up in the 4th century is a formula for a belief that is absolutely beyond the authority of a Governing Body to establish. Nothing was broke, there was nothing to fix.

Another thing. What if we were forced to write to one another right now using the same writing systems as the apostles did (Koine Greek, Aramaic or the classical Hebrew) Then we would find ourselves suddenly without recourse to CAPITAL LETTERS. No more "G"od. Only ho theos would distinguish God from other references.

Being around the WTS I am careful to check out translations as best I can. Were there any translators who were not biased one way or the other when they translated into English? No. All I know is the same Greek word for in the KJV at Acts 17:29 and 2 Pet. 1:3,4 got translated two ways: Godhead and divine. It is a biased inflection.It obscures the original text

If-- just once!--Jesus had said "I am God-the-Son" instead of "I am the Son of God" then I would say it that way too. I tend to believe that he had his reasons for not calling himslf the God-Man. As it is I am content to say it as Jesus did. If I obey the Son, honor his Father and do not grieve the Holy Spirit, what wrong is this? What harm is there in saying no more and no less than Jesus said?

I know that I have a saved and sound relationship in Jesus. Long before the Witnesses bibled their way into my life I had come to Jesus. This brow-beating on the Trinity is like having the Society tell me that I have to believe in the Faithful and Discreet Slave in just the way they tell me to.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Trinity is simply a human doctrine, an attempt for humans to understand the nature of God, that is all, nothing more, nothing less.

Don't dwell on it so much.

Jesus was begotten of God and as such, Jesus was God ( in nature) for he could not be anything else.

Forget the trinity, the godhead and all that.

If you are human and bedget something, they are human, not dog or cat or fish, human.

When you create something, like a picture or a meal, they are just that, what is created, they are NOT human.

Jesus is by nature God as a baby is by nature human.

There is no other begotten son/child of God other than Jesus ( hence the only begotten son description in John) so of course, his is a very special realtionship to God.

• not a captive
    not a captive

I would be glad to forget the Trinity, thank you PSacramento. I just had to quit going to a non-denominational Bible "discussion" that insisted there can be no fellowship with any who do not believe this doctrine. For a while I ignored this matter, but this admonition was so often in their study guide that I figured they really didn't want to study but to indoctrinate like another outfit I know!

Thanks for saying something, PSacramento.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Bwahahahahahahahaha!Just found this!

Let's taske one at a time- who's first?

(It's 9:30 pm- and will be knocking off soon- will CB in the morn!)

www.theMadJWs.com

• Think About It
  • Chalam
    Chalam

John 3:3-7 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit