Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

EVERY scripture identifying God, Christ and spirit- http://www.themadjws.com/theonlytruegod.htm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jesus was thinking ONLY of the One who was working and communicating THROUGH it- Jehovah.

There is no evidence in the scriptures that Jesus ever mentioned Jehovah even once. The name appears nowhere in the Greek scriptures.

• Mary
    Mary

So MadJW----you going to give me a scripture in the NT that says that a Christian's destiny is earthbound?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Stephen- Jesus AND the other angels (messengers) are in the "nature" of God- since they, too "are spirit", NOT flesh. He never tried to be equal to God (as Satan has). Pay attention to the DETAIL!

Please show us the scripture where ANY angel is called "begotten" or the "ONLY son of God".

No created being can be in the nature of God or else ALL created beings are in nature, God.

Only what is begotten is of the same nature and only Christ was begotten.

John didn't say created, he said begotten and applied that to Jesus and no one else.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mary, that is because of 2 things; at that time there was no Greek equivalent, and the NT are copies of the originals, where, once again, Judiasm influenced people to use "LORD" instead. Do YOU think that Jesus, reading from Isaiah in the synagogue replaced "Yahweh" with "LORD"?

PS- Jesus "the meek will inherit the earth", and the OT & NT references to the "New Earth".

Stephen, angels are not fat babies with wings, but powerful spirit beings. Jesus was raised ABOVE them (Heb 1:9), and is the Archangel (1 Thess 4:15-For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, 16-For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel...) What name do you think he had before being given the name "Jesus"?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Where in the NT does it show that Jesus is AN archangel, ANY archangel?

Not insinute or possibly mean, but lays it out, Like John lays it out that Jesus is the ONLY gegotten son of God and like Paul Lays it out that Jesus is viewed as the same as God?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I haven't looked at all that was posted before so forgive me if I'm being redundant:

Ephesians 2:4-10

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

PS- Jesus has the position ("Voice") of Archangel; he didn't take it away from someone else. There is God, angels/messengers, and man. Jesus is NOT the Almighty, thus is a mighty spirit being...an ANGEL- the greatest of them all (Heb 1:9)

MJones- James 2: 14- What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

26- As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, that is because of 2 things; at that time there was no Greek equivalent, and the NT are copies of the originals, where, once again, Judiasm influenced people to use "LORD" instead. Do YOU think that Jesus, reading from Isaiah in the synagogue replaced "Yahweh" with "LORD"?

I think you're getting my question mixed up with other posters, as I have made no inquiry about "LORD" or the trinity.

PS- Jesus "the meek will inherit the earth", and the OT & NT references to the "New Earth".

'Inheriting' the earth (or "the land" in some translations) does not give any credibility to the WT's doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses living in a paradise earth forever. The scripture in Psalms that you use to promote this idea was not talking about the "Noo System"---it was talking about the Jews inheriting their land.

I'll address more of this when I get home tonight.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mary , the scriptures say the earth will last FOREVER, and Revelation summs it up referring to a NEW Earth, as well as Christ saying we will inherit it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit