Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Revelation 21:2-3 (New International Version)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:10 (New International Version)

10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

These once again destroy the notion of a "heavenly hope" and an "earthly hope" as heaven comes to earth, just like Jesus said to pray for Matthew 6:10

Blessings,

Stephen

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I'd imagine that any scriptures that discribe Christ as King of kings or Lord of lords is easily ignored by the Watchtower as is the scripture that says you are to honor the Son same as the Father,[sorry, forget which one].

I remember that John 8:58 is the scripture in which Jesus declares his Divinity 'Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.'

Sure, my brother [and any other good witness], would answer the 'I have been' is in perfect tense. As a matter of fact, he constantly tells me that Jesus never said he was God, that he knew who he was.

I answer that he was, he is and he will be the same..always. That's why the Jews wanted to kill him. 'I have been' may have sounded strange, but not worthy of stoning to death, right?

dc

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Love your neighbor.

The irony is that they quote that scripture quite often. They simply have no idea what it means or entails.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I plumb forgoet about that one, TTWSYF!

John 5:22,23 The Father handed all authority to judge over to the Son so that the Son will be honored equally with the Father. Anyone who dishonors the Son, dishonors the Father, for it was the Father's decision to put the Son in the place of honor. MSG

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

I guess the WT gloss over verse 12 here

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

And is this one

Acts 10:43 (New International Version)

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

And this

Luke 24:47 (New International Version)

47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Not forgetting this

John 20:31 (New International Version)

31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Heaven
    Heaven

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good." -- KJV

With the constant changes they make, I can't see how they know which way is up and what the heck to hold on to let alone proving any of it.

• belbab
    belbab

Amos 5:18 NWT

Woe to those who are craving the day of Jehovah.

belbab

• donny
    donny

Romans Chapter 14 where it states that whether one celebrates certain days as holier than others or they view them as all the same does not matter to God.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I really found that they gloss over the first chapter of Hebrews because Paul using a scripture in Psalms that originally used YHWH to refer to Christ is really inconvenient for them.

Anything that talks about Christ being the one through whom you gain salvation is painful for them too.

They really can't figure out what to do with Jesus anymore, except put him on a white horse and having him kill everyone at Armadillo.

(I call it Armadillo because that's what my son came up with at 3 years old, and it's just so silly, as Armadillo should be referred to...it's a silly silly boogey man in the closet thing.)

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

1 Thess 4 v 11 "and make it your aim to live quietly and mind your own business..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit