Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's two more :)

Jude 1:4 (New International Version)

4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

2 Peter 2:1 (New International Version)

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    Blessings, Stephen
  • freydo
    freydo

THE WHOLE 11TH CHAPTER OF FIRST CORINTHIANS

BUT IN PARTICULAR(AMP)

9-10 Neither was man created on account of or for the benefit of woman, but woman on account of and for the benefit of man. Therefore she should [be subject to his authority and should have a covering on her head [as a token, a symbol, of her submission to authority, that she may show reverence as do the angels [and not displease them].

17-18 But in what I instruct [you] next I do not commend [you], because when you meet together, it is not for the better but for the worse. For in the first place, when you assemble as a congregation, I hear that there are cliques (divisions and factions) among you; and I in part believe it,

19 For doubtless there have to be factions or parties among you in order that they who are genuine and of approved fitness may become evident and plainly recognized among you.

• just a reader
    just a reader

Matthew 6:1-4... 1 "Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise YOU will have no reward with YOUR Father who is in the heavens. 2 Hence when you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 3 But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, 4 that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you.

When announcements are made at the Kingdom Hall about certain people pioneering or about how many magazines they placed, etc. Then the congregation applauds, it seems to go contrary to this scripture.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome just a reader!

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Every single Denomination claiming Christianity makes all of the same goof ball and sometimes dangerous mistakes the Society makes. (Pentecostal, Protestant, Evangelical, Catholic, Orthodox) you name it they have all screwed up what nice nice Jew tried to do to help people.

None of them have bragging rights about being better than another.

'.........but You can do a little good each day'

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Every single Denomination claiming Christianity makes all of the same goof ball and sometimes dangerous mistakes the Society makes.

Designs - Can you find an amount of scriptures that other Christian organizations do not promote?

What are ignored scriptures from Pentecostal, Protestant, Evengelical, Catholic and Orthodox churches?

I'm not looking to change this thread, but I think the point is that the Watchtower ignores a massive amount of scriptural evidence that contidicts many of their doctrines. As is evident from the examples displayed on these 3 [so far] pages.

dc

• designs
    designs

TT

When you get into the schools of exegesis and eisegesis all the Denominations have their particular blinders on- thus the very reason there are over 1500 Christian Denominations. Verses are overlooked, ignored, twisted, rewritten, and interpreted to suit one's liking. Some take the Bible literally, others allegorically on and on it goes. The Society, whether in its early Dispensationalist format or its latter Hybrid New Covenantalism format, had myopic views just like John Calvin did or Martin Luther did in their lifetimes.

If you want to make some sense of Jesus have people follow the Golden Rule, we would be a lot better off as a civilization. Denominationalism has ruined Christianity.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

designs- How about some examples please.

dc

• designs
    designs

TT

John Calvin promoted Limited Atonement and the doctrine of Election of the Elect along with hyper Predestinationalism.

John Wesley promoted a different opposing view of who could be saved and how. Both using the same "Bible"

Servetus as a Unitarian had his conclusions on universalism from the "Bible", Lovely John Calvin murdered him for it.

• flipper
    flipper

" Love your neighbor as yourself. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit