Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacedog
    peacedog

Hebrews 1:5 God has never said to any of the angels, "You are my Son, because today I have become your Father!" Neither has God said to any of them, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son!"

Hebrews 1:13 God never said to any of the angels, "Sit at my right side until I make your enemies into a footstool for you!"

(contemporary english version)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

how about 'people who twist scripture, twist everything'

sorry, don't remember exactly where that one is.

In one of Paul's letters he say to 'not hold judgement against a man if he holds one day above another' The watchtower can't like that one too I would suppose.

Great posts to you all.

dc

• White Dove
    White Dove

Romans 14 is the biggest one for me. It also mentions that if someone wants to observe the full moon, it's their business so but out.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Romans 14 is one of my favorites, too.

Its always an Us vs Them mentality which is something that carried over from Rutherford's regime. Its 2010, and the average church going Christian never had a thought of critisizing JWs, much less persecuting JWs. The WTS disdain of other Christians is self defeating because when you think about it, most people have not one clue about JW's beliefs.

This is a cult mind-control technique more than a doctrinal issue. They claim it is a scriptural thing but the rationale is really for maintaining the thought reform they've inacted on their victims.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nobody mentioned that Dueteronomy scripture about identifying a false prophet. I know they came out and said "We didn't say Simon Says ..err, we didn't say it in Jehovah's name." Other than that, they don't like to trot it out.

• Chalam
    Chalam

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 (New International Version)

The Man of Lawlessness
    1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness [ a ] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

Footnotes:
    1. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Some manuscripts sin

Blessings,

Stephen

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The most overlooked scriptures by most JW's:

(Galatians

6:10) . . .Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

LOL LOL LOL.........I've never seen a meaner group of people in my life. Gossip, slander, lying....and DFing...........

(Matthew

LOL, LOL.....you've got to be kidding me????? No one judges other people like JW's.

7:1-2) . . ."Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU.

(Romans

BAHAHAHAHAAH........from publisher to elders.........you can be ruined as a JW in mere seconds. From sideburns, to college, to the fabric of a woman's skirt........you're getting judge every single second.

...and finally, here is the scripture I read to my fellow elder at the door in field service....I asked him if he believed in the Bible...that it was inspired.....he said yes............after enduring his blather and gossip:

(Jeremiah

9:4-5) . . ."Guard yourselves each one against his own companion, and put YOUR trust in no brother at all. For even every brother would positively supplant, and every companion himself would walk around as a mere slanderer, 5 and they keep trifling each one with his companion; and they speak no truth at all. They have taught their tongue to speak falsehood. They have tired themselves out merely in doing wrong.

The look on his face will be forever etched on my brain. Priceless. I just grinned at him and never returned.

• heathen
    heathen

Nobody mentioned that Dueteronomy scripture about identifying a false prophet.

I'd like to see that one from the WTBTS .That's about as twisted a thing I've ever heard . They do to say they are jehovahs spokes man .

• not a captive
    not a captive

Three passages of scripture quickly come to mind:

1) The WTS literature quotes Matt. 23:9 but it does not like to discuss the verse before or after it. They like verse 9 as it is negatively applied to priests: "Call no one on the earth "father", for you have one Father and he is in heaven." But Matt. 8&10 are not useful for a group that strictly administers the "Truth" and insists that only a small subset of the Anointed are authorized to declare what is True and what is not: "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi', for you have only one Master and you are all brothers." "Nor are you to be called 'teacher',for you have one Teacher, the Christ."

"Teacher" in verse 10 is good to look up in the Greek because it is not the word commonly used for "teacher". It isn't used elsewhere in the NT. Also translated "leader", the concordance expresses its meaning as that of an official or authoritative guide. In other words Jesus seems to say none of his followers gets to mediate the truth for others as an ultimate authority."You have one Leader or Guide, the Christ." The rest of Mat. 23 completely emphasizes this warning that EVEN AN APOSTLE IS NOT TO ASSUME THE TITLE OF OFFICIAL LEADER. O, Blind Guides!

2) The idea that faithful anointed CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO FOLLOW THE FDS OR ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION is powerfully conveyed in Rev.14:4,5."These are those that did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb where ever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless."

The Greek for "women" in this instance means "wife" not "whore" not "harlot". It seems the Lamb's followers do not involve themselves with even a legitimate "true" religion--even such as the Organization. The anointed are not betrothed to any but the Lamb. Yet the FDS requires that the rest of the anointed( who are not making the rulings at the Top) be obliged to follow their instructions. Doesn't that mean that only a handful actually get to follow the Lamb--contrary to the scripture's description?

3) Matthew 24:28 "Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather." The reference book Insight on the Scriptures does not have an explanation for this verse. This expression of Jesus contrasts the immediately preceding verses describing the Body of Christ being gathered in from the four winds rather than a certain locale. It seems clear that the carcass is a religious Dead Body that finds congregants who embrace a mediated experience of God--- not mediated by the Christ but mediated by men--therefore a dead body with gathering of carrion eaters on board.

These scriptures tell me that the only true religion is no religion at all.

Forgive me if I seem to be "pontificating". These scriptures bolstered my spirit when my conscience wouldn't let me participate in group indoctrination anymore. I just submit these ideas in the spirit of Christian sharing and respect.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    how about 'people who twist scripture, twist everything'

Were you thinking of Acts 13:9-10?

Then Saul, whose other name is Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked at him intently [10] and said, 'You utter fraud, you impostor, you son of the devil, you enemy of all uprightness, will you not stop twisting the straightforward ways of the Lord?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit