Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

PS- since Jesus said "God IS spirit"- you are correct! However, since the SCRIPTURES, Christ and angels refer to IT as the POWER of God, the holy spirit is God IN ACTION!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mary, have you ever STUDIED the Bible?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have MadJW. Looks like you have only studied the Watchtower- big difference there.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, have you ever STUDIED the Bible?

Of course I have you brainless twit. Unlike you though, I've managed to study it without the preconceived tunnel vision glasses that the WT likes to use. Please answer the question: Where in the NT does it say that any Christians' destiny is to live on the earth?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS- since Jesus said "God IS spirit"- you are correct! However, since the SCRIPTURES, Christ and angels refer to IT as the POWER of God, the holy spirit is God IN ACTION!

God Is spirt and the HS is God's Spirt, hence it is God.

Scriptures refer to the HS as being a helper, an advocate, as teaching, as feeling. as being sad. and warn against blaspheminmg against the HS.

It is far more then a simple "IT".

To say that the Spirit of God ( and Jesus) is simply an "IT" is to limit what God is.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Nunbers 11:16- And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.

17- And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.

Romans 8:16-The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God. -KJV

If you want to believe in Casper the Ghost-God, be my guest!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

How can an "IT" bear witness and that bearing mean anything?

Can a tree bear witness mean anything ??

Dude...

Seriously now.

Have you read the Gospel of John? what Jesus says about the HS ?

AS for your OT verses, your OWN interlinear shows that "IT" is added to what was written to show to WHAT God was reffering to and to NOT give a specific quality to the HS.

AndIwillcomedownh 3381??? yarad
    andtalkh 1696??? dabar
    withtheethere:andIwilltakeh 680??? 'atsal
    ofthespirith 7307??? ruwach
    which[is]uponthee,andwillputh 7760???? suwm
    [it]uponthem;andtheyshallbearh 5375??? nasa'
    theburdenh 4853??? massa'
    ofthepeopleh 5971?? `am
    withthee,thatthoubearh 5375??? nasa'
    [it]notthyselfalone.
  • Chalam
    Chalam

These too are quickly skipped over.

Philippians 2:5-7 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its amazing, isn't it Stephen, that the earliest writings about Chirst ( those of Paul) already mention his divinity, even before the first Gospels were written.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Dude Chalam- GOD HIMSELF refers to IT as "IT", then divides it UP!

Stephen- Jesus AND the other angels (messengers) are in the "nature" of God- since they, too "are spirit", NOT flesh. He never tried to be equal to God (as Satan has). Pay attention to the DETAIL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit