Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Ephesians 2:8, 9: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast"

Matthew 10: 28: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Psalms 17: 15: "And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness"

• JWalker
    JWalker

designs :

"If you want to make some sense of Jesus have people follow the Golden Rule, we would be a lot better off as a civilization. Denominationalism has ruined Christianity."

Yes, consider your neighbour (whoever) as yourself, and consequently know... yourself as well !

What else ?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

not a captive, it is like you were reading my mind. The doctrine of trinity is a divisive control construct just like pretty much every other doctrine. It's frustrating how people can minimize the clear and direct words of Christ while emphasizing doctrinal constructs so strongly. PSac, I appreciate your comment in response.

• designs
    designs

TT 'Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword' 'Return your sword to its place'

Trinitarian Christianity went on a killing spree that has lasted up to the present. Let a preacher or a government say 'go to war' and they blindly followed. Hundreds of millions of indigenous peoples were murdered by this largest of Cults. Hell they even murder each other over silly differences in interpretations.

Something is very rotten at the core of this Belief, hmmmmmmm what could it be

So whether a scripture is ignored or twisted things have gone terribly wrong with this Group. We'll keep the WARNING sign up. Actually the Fundamentalist, who were never JWs but come here to convert people, do the greatest service to warn people to stay the hell away from their religion by exposing their beliefs to the light of reason.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Has this one been mentioned?

Romans 8:14 - "For all who are led by God's spirit, these are God's sons."

WT advice to all JWs:

w06 11/15 p. 22 Keep Yourself in God's Love!

"Let Jehovah's Spirit Lead You

9 Pray for God's holy spirit, and allow it to lead you. (Luke 11:13; Galatians 5:19-25)"

• Chalam
    Chalam

Three regarding the Holy Sprit

John 14:26 (New International Version)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

John 16:7 (New International Version)

7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Hundreds of millions of indigenous peoples were murdered by this largest of Cults.

May I ask where you got this "hundreds of millions" number?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mary- what was your question? That every Christian will go to heaven?

JWalker- That we don't need works or deeds to be Christian?

PS- Jesus himself uses the holy ("clean, pure") spirit ("breath, wind") to carry out his God's will, so even tho is literally IS "the POWER" of God, as Gabriel described it to Mary, and as God HIMSELF called it "IT", Jesus was thinking ONLY of the One who was working and communicating THROUGH it- Jehovah.

See- http://www.themadjws.com/theonlytruegod.htm

And, THANK you for SERIOUS questions, rather than the crass cuts I'm used to at this site!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS- Jesus himself uses the holy ("clean, pure") spirit ("breath, wind") to carry out his God's will, so even tho is literally IS "the POWER" of God, as Gabriel described it to Mary, and as God HIMSELF called it "IT", Jesus was thinking ONLY of the One who was working and communicating THROUGH it- Jehovah.

If the HS is the spirit of God, what does that make it? can it's nature be anyting but God and if so, what?

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary- what was your question? That every Christian will go to heaven?

It's not a question. There is no evidence that the NT teaches that there are two groups of Christians with only 144,000 who are heaven bound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit