Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You are aware that the Watchtower writers themselves admit that Jehovah is not the original name, but that they use it anyway out of tradition?

If he isn't, it wouldn't surprise me, most JW's aren't.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

God's Name is in the OT over 6,500 times- as you should know. To pretend it doesn't exist, ot that it isn't his name anymore since it is not in the NT is ignorant.

The name of the Jewish god is in the OT thousands of times. It is in the NT ZERO TIMES. You are saying the OT god is the same God as the NT God, Jesus' Father. It's your responsibility to prove that. You can't. It's speculation. It's tradition of men.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

See, I don't have any issues with the name Jehovah, or Yahweh or Adonai or Elohim, though if one is to be correct, Adonia and Elohim woudl be theonly ones to use because we, at least, know their correct spelling and pronunciation.

That said, I don't have issues with any name used for God ( within reason of course), I do however have issues when the "name" is placed higher than the Ideals, I do have issues with scripture is altered based on speculation to conform to human made doctrine.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"Jehovah" is Yahweh in English.

He said it was His Name FOREVER.

Of course, in churchese, "forever" means a few centuries or so....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    "Jehovah" is Yahweh in English.

Where did you get that idea ?? Even the WT literature doesn't say that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Great thread idea but being hijacked...too bad

Not totally highjacked :)

For God So Loved the World 16“For h God so loved i the world, 9 j that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not k perish but have eternal life. 17For l God did not send his Son into the world m to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 n Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not o believed in the name of the only Son of God.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

What about the one that says: "He that does not work shall not eat..? You don't hear this scripture quoted much there.

This hang-up they have about work and careers is tied in with the religion's hypocrisy about claiming they 'have no clergy class' but in reality they wish to be supported like the clergy in other religions. Quite simply, they want an easy life.

Some people in the religion are marginally employed and have every excuse imaginable. They would rather spend their time leisurely knocking on doors and looking for handouts from their so-called brothers.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Hijacked is right...or is it being LOWjacked...?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Where did you get that idea ?? Even the WT literature doesn't say that.

PSacremento, I have privately been starting to wonder if this person is really a JW at all - maybe just a casual attendee for a time. The motive in coming here and doing what has been done today is IMHO deliberate disruption.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jwoods,

I think you are right.

Back on subject:

1John 3:10 -21

10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit