Have you had Dreams Lately ? Do you get Meanings from your Dreams?

by flipper 88 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

To be honest, I really don't think that dreams 'mean' anything, but we put meaning to dreams just as we attribute meaning to anything and everything in our fully conscious state. It might even be that dreams are more our less a matter of our brains 'defragging' memories and such.

Interestingly, though, ever since I mentally awoke about a year+ ago, the apocalyptic dreams I used to have, completely ceased. With my worldview change, my dreams changed.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I dreamt of my daughter a couple of night's back, she lives around 250 miles from where I now live.

I could see her face looking distraught and her eyes looking up at me beseechingly and her hands were tied behind her back. I phoned her the next morning but there was no reply but she rang me back later in the day. She asked what I wanted and I said I was just phoning to see if she was OK. She said not really and got upset and started telling me some major problems she was having at work. I asked her if she felt her hands were tied and she said yes.

However, we chatted for nearly an hour and then she said she felt better.

• flipper
    flipper

TIMOTHY T- I think your take on your dream is very accurate for sure it sounds like. You are appreciating your freedom outside the JW cult and they have no hold on you anymore. And that's a GOOD thing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS- I tend to disagree with you when you say that " I really don't think that our dreams ' mean ' anything " - because what would the purpose of dreaming be if it didn't MEAN anything within our brains or our bodies ? There would be no reason to HAVE dreams. Like you stated it could just be that our dreams are activity within our brains " defragging " memories . So dreams at least probably serve THAT function. I'm glad to hear that your " apocalyptic " dreams have stopped - it may show you are feeling less fear within yourself since exiting the JW cult.

LITTLE IMP- That's an interesting experience that you dreamed your daughter was feeling stressed and you called her and she WAS going through something stressful. I've had dreams about my son - that HE was going through a difficult challenge- then called him and found it was true - he hAD been going through a tough day. So perhaps there is some kind of " wave in the air " or intuition we feel in our psyche or our minds that tells us to call somebody we care about if we have a thought they are going through difficult times. The brain is fascinating, isn't it ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• d
    d

My dreams often involve dark hallways and or a decaying landscape in where people are screaming in pain and the air is thick with hopeless. But I had those a few years ago. One only recently. What does it mean?

• flipper
    flipper

D- Your dreams involve " dark hallways and or a decaying landscape in where people are screaming in pain and the air is thick with hopeless. " Wow. It sounds as if you definitely are trying to get over SOMETHING which has left you in despair or extremely despondent over time. Or perhaps it's just a bad dream of how we felt sitting through boring talks at the kingdom hall ! ( Just joking ) Either way it sounds like you've had some very depressing , enclosing experiences perhaps in your life possibly coming out in your dreams. Can you think of any experiences in which you felt trapped and in despair ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i've had a lot of stress lately and i've been having bad dreams. they are getting worse. last night I cooked the dog.

she went in at 180 for two hours. about 15 minutes before she was done I felt really bad. and asked my wife why she let me cook the dog. she said she knew I'd be like this. I said you'd let me jump in front of train and not try to stop me. she's very laid back.

i woke up feeling really down and it's stayed with me all day.

i finally finished something yesterday that's been taking forever to do. work wise. and posting on here often makes me feel bad. i don't know why.

and i am ill, that could be it.

Thank fully it was only a dream.

• d
    d

I have dreams of crumbling mountains what does that mean?

• *lost*
    *lost*

been having a lot of bad/wierd dreams the last few months also.

Night sweats.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow. Looked back over my archive threads and noticed a few of you bumped this up. Cool ! I'll respond.

UCANTNOME- So you cooked the dog in your dream ? Jeez-louise ! At 180 degrees I imagine the dog didn't even get cooked completely ? I'm glad it was just a dream ! Sorry to hear you've been feeling down lately. I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

D- You have dreams of crumbling mountains ? Wow. Could mean anything. Could mean you are dreaming of an earthquake that happened or will happen. Perhaps it's symbolic of your life crumbling around you in some fashion. Hard to say. It could mean a variety of things. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

LOST- Sorry to hear you've been having bad dreams lately. It's really scary when it makes you wake up in a sweat. What are the dreams about ? If you don't mind me asking ? Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit