Have you had Dreams Lately ? Do you get Meanings from your Dreams?

by flipper 88 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Flipper - update ..... still happy dude, wow, it is amazing.

I used to think, how do people do it ? every day, no matter what they are going through, they are always, nice, smiley, chirpy, kind,

(most, not all, there are a lot of shites out there ).

and now here I am, and i am doing it. I'm not as stressed, not as wound up, not worrying ( i never used to be a worrier though, lol )

The dreams are still in the background, still can't grasp them, no more 'night sweats' though.

This site, and everyone on it, has helped me so much to 'unlock' a lot of things.

I have learned so much, I will always be so grateful for this site, and all the people here, who dedicate their time and efforts to helping others.

I may be 'bi-polar' and I think I am one of the Austistic Spectrum disorders. My energy is returning, and I feel great. I'm calmer, less 'angry'.

i am dealing with a lot of 'missed' memories, holes, from my childhood, i know i had a 'toxic' life, (non jw upbringing) and a 'toxic' marriage.

I'm off on a break for 2 weeks, really excited, a much needed break, happy days, chat you soon.

Sending you love and hugs

lost ... no longer, I am found x

• flipper
    flipper

Saw this thread got bumped up thought I'd respond !

LOST- I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better my friend. Excellent indeed ! There is a lot to be happy for in this life after exiting Jehovah's Witnesses. All the hobbies and interests that we can pursue are endless and we don't have to worry about a FICTITIOUS Armageddon interrupting any of those interests. That's one thing I am really thankful for. It helps me to live my life to the full each day in positive vibes because this may indeed be the only life I have. So I'll use it positively to help my friends, loved ones, and myself. I hope you enjoy your time off ! If you are in California how bout coming up to our Tahoe group thingie 4th of July weekend ? Gonna be lots of folks you know there ! Take care.

LISA ROSE- I'm sorry to hear your husband has war dreams. I bet a lot of military guys experience that. So you have " ear worms " ? It means hearing a song again and again ? Wow. I've never heard of that. We learn something new everyday ! LOL ! I hope the song doesn't drive you crazy too much ! Thanks for sharing. Take care. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I had two dreams last night the first one was the worst nightmare I can remember changed the look of the bedroom couldn't close my eyes for awhile, the other was a really nice one

I know what caused them.

Dreams are strange.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i suppose the meaning is be careful what you read before bedtime.
  • flipper
    flipper

Saw this older thread had been replied to- thought I'd respond and bump it up.

UCANTNOME- Sorry to hear that you had a bad nightmare, but glad to hear you had a good dream as well. I sometimes find that I'll dream about something I've read or watched on T.V. as well. Dreams are incredibly interesting sometimes and mundane at other times. Take care

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We all dream every night, it's just that you forget them unless you wake up within a few minutes of the dream. If you meditate you will go through a phase where your dreams are much more vivid and you remember them better. It goes away after a while, but if you stop meditating and then go back to it it happens again. It's really great while it lasts, some are almost like a movie, with a plot and various characters.

• flipper
    flipper

LISA ROSE- Very true what you state about dreams, we all dream every night, it's just that we don't remember them all. I believe getting a good 8 hours straight of uninterrupted sleep is very important to remembering our dreams in order to get to that REM stage of sleep denoting rapid eye movement. Good point you mention about sitting or laying quietly trying to meditate on our dreams right after we wake up as we will remember them more, and writing them down immediately. I have been writing down all my dreams that I can remember now for over four and a half years since December of 2010 when I started sleeping more at night due to a lighter work schedule.

In over four and a half years I have written down 447 pages of dreams at this point. Pretty crazy, eh ? But I feel it helps me to re-own that subconscious part of my brain that many people choose to ignore. I feel it helps my intuition and my gut instincts in processing my emotions and personality on a personal basis - something that's hiding deep within every one of us. And yes indeed, I always dream in color- never black and white, very vivid dreams and for sure some of them are long like movie plots sometimes ! LOL. Some are much shorter- just depends how much sleep I get on many occasions. Thanks for your thoughts and input ! I appreciate it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Mr Flipper - When I dream I know I am dreaming, is that normal? I don't mind because it means I rarely have really scary dreams because part of me knows it is just a dream. It is difficult to explain.
  • flipper
    flipper
    SPARROWDOWN- Oh yeah , most definitely it is normal to be aware that you are dreaming. It's also normal to NOT be aware that you are dreaming. It goes both ways. I've had some dreams where it seemed so real that I didn't realize it was just a dream until I woke up- however I've had dreams where I'm dreaming and I'm aware that it is a dream I'm experiencing. It's weird how it works both ways. I can't explain it- I've just experienced it like you have. Thanks for your input ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit